PIP success, very relieved

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
Just got in from work to find a letter saying that I have been awarded standard rate for the daily living component of PIP until August 2018. I am so relieved as it means I can get on with planning to reduce my hours at work from September. I didn't get the mobility element (4points awarded) but I knew I wasn't going to get that.
I only had my assessment on 23rd February and was told I would hear in 4-6 weeks so was really surprised to hear so quickly. You could almost imagine there was an election coming up!
Thank you all for your advice and support.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Splendid news :D

An election? Surely not :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thanks Sticky, I wasn't expecting to hear anything for a few weeks yet and wasn't really expecting to be successful .
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I am so pleased for you slosh.. :D .now hopefully things will work out much better for you..
    Love
    Barbara
  • bridesmum
    bridesmum Member Posts: 181
    Options
    Really pleased for you Slosh, now you can shorten your working hours and hopefully start to feel a little better.I rang up for the pip forms last week after procrastinating for months as I dread having to fill in reems of questions but can't put it off any longer.
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you all. It took me a while to make that first phone call, I waited until I was feeling in a reasonably good place emotionally. I am waiting to hear about my application for reduced hours but keeping my fingers crossed in the meantime.
    Julian of Norwich