Just back from Orthopaedic review

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 23. Mar 2015, 03:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, on the plus side I didn't have to wait too long today, and as it is overcast in London today I didn't feel as though I had missed out on the solar eclipse!

On the other hand....
Nice registrar who listened, and told me I looked younger than my age :D
but....
He wants the GP to make the psych referral for me as he thinks it's important

Concerned that the pain I get in my shoulders/arms has worsened, at it's worst it now goes right down into my elbows, lower arms, wrists and little fingers, but wants to avoid more neck surgery for as long as possible.

Discussed my lower back pain, how long I've been getting it, etc. Looked at my last MRI and said overall it was unremarkable but there was some evidence of "wear and tear". I've been on this forum long enough to know what that usually means so I asked if it was OA and he said yes.

New referral back to physio but this time at the hospital so I won't get to see my Louis Smith look alike physio again :(

Just taking my meds before going into work
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hmm, a little bit of the Curate's egg about that, isn't there? Compliments are always pleasant to receive (and what solar eclipse? It only looked as though it was going to rain here) but I am sorry about the OA. The psych referral may be useful - let's wait and see, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    hope the physio can help you slosh, its a shame you cant have the one you know.the unremarkable is used quite at lot on MRIs... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I hope you get your referral soon, Slosh, and that it proves helpful. Sorry you have OA to contend with, and trust the physio will help.
  • Slosh
    Thanks, finding it hard to believe that this time two years ago none of this had started, a lots happened since my first visit to the Dr's with a clicking neck! Just hoping that the OA in my neck, and the OA in my lower back aren't in too much of a hurry to meet up in the middle :lol:
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I guess I'm more likely to make a joke out of something serious than vice versa but reading your last sentence just made me think that it might be worth your investigating osteoporosis prevention as a precaution. Calcium and Vit D are the essential ingredients but you might find more here https://www.nos.org.uk/healthy-bones-and-risks
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    That's a good point Sticky. There's no family history but as I have booked an appointment with my GP on Wednesday I'll ask him about it.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Hello Slosh. It sounds like a productive appointment and bonus, that you didn't miss any sort of major sun and moon event! Sounds like a mixed bag. Take it easy. x
  • Slosh
    Thanks Starburst. Off to see my daughter and Grandchildren tomorrow so plenty of hugs! Then the start of another busy week of SEN reviews and my OH appointment on Monday.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope the physio helps Slosh and you got plenty of hugs, good luck with your appointment on Monday. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Didn't get my hugs unfortunately as my daughter wasn't well, (she has ME), got all my medical evidence sorted for tomorrow plus my PIP assessment and Access to work assessment. My head hasn't got back to me yet with a date to discuss my request to work part-time so I have a feeling he is waiting to see what OH say.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Chris01
    Chris01 Member Posts: 32
    Hope you get the referral soon and new one is just as better as your previous one. Although there is very little you can do to reverse this wear and tear changes, physiotherapy can still help you to be active. You will need to follow “Long term compliance” to get any substantial benefit from your PT. Please don’t discontinue exercises when pain is subsided, this can often lead to further joint damage.

Chris.
  • Slosh
    Don't worry, it will just be more exercises to add to my current regime of daily neck exercises and leg exercises on alternate days. Hopefully it won't be too long before I get an appointment and although my hospital has recently been in the news due to concerns and been placed in special measures I can't complain about my care as it is reassuring that they are keeping a close eye on me.
    Julian of Norwich