Milky drink anyone?

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 23. Mar 2015, 17:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
Slight hitch with my third internet shop. I'd amended the order and felt pleased with myself.

Delivery came today. I thanked the driver and waved him away and then checked. And saw the milk ...

All 6 four-pint canisters of it. Oh dear. :oops:

Luckily it's all gone in the freezer and we can use it over the next couple of weeks.

I then looked at the one banana ... :oops: :oops:

Better luck next time.

I'm off for a milky drink.
GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Rice pudding?
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I suggest custard with everything, add milk to home-made soups for depth and invite people round again and again and again for tea, coffee, soup and lashings of custard. :wink:

This is so easily done - I think you have the option of returning any goods you do not want, I know that my home-delivery supermarket offers that but obviously once the driver has gone . . . . . . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Perhaps you could bathe in it like Cleopatra?

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    When my boys were little I used to make a quick dessert out of bananas and custard. In this case I guess it'd ave to be a s hared banana - but with lots of custard :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Oops. Easily done. I remember my daughter ending up with hundreds of nappies. She had enough to keep some for her next baby. I guess you could each take a bite from the banana then pass it on. :lol:
    Christine
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    applerose wrote:
    Oops. Easily done. I remember my daughter ending up with hundreds of nappies. She had enough to keep some for her next baby. I guess you could each take a bite from the banana then pass it on. :lol:

Expensive mistake!!!!

I only got a sack of carrots :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Thank you for your replies everyone.

I did have to smile at the concept of me: sitting in a bath of milk like Cleopatra, drinking copious amounts of milky coffee, entertaining friends and relatives who were all tucking into vats of custard and/or rice pudding. (I'd be the one eating the banana - to save squabbling).

We have a "grand plan". From now on, when I get the confirmatory email I will print this off, and my other half will read it through. It'll be his responsibility if he misses anything like this in the future - not mine. :lol:

My nephew told me today that he'd ordered 20 tubs of marge for his dad's shopping in error. He was at work when his dad rang querying this - it should have been 2 (two for the price of ...) but he'd put the "2" on and not removed the "0". The driver pointed out this must have been an error, took the additional 18 tubs away and they duly got their credit.

At least I know I'm not on my own.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    All I can think is how much I'd prefer that combo to 1 pint of milk and a dozen hands of nanas :D however green! They'd be black & spotty before you turned round twice, you can't trust a banana. :?
  • charrisse
    charrisse Member Posts: 89
    toady wrote:
    ..... however green! They'd be black & spotty before you turned round twice, you can't trust a banana. :?

Love that ..I find that so true..I do love a banana but even though I only buy 2 or 3 at a time they always seem to get to the going black stage too quickly!

You're milk faux pas Grace reminds me of when I first made on online order for groceries and being on a rather expensive phone tariff at the time and being very much of a learner in the techy dept.. it took me so long to navigate the system and ended up costing me more than the actual grocery order! :shock:

Online grocery ordering is such a blessing IMO..Yay!
    All the world is mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd!

Birthday - AUGUST 22nd