Cry or Laugh?

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 28. Mar 2015, 05:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've been copied into a letter sent to my GP after a recent gastro scan. I quote:

'If her joint pain recurs then we could increase the methotrexate to 17.5mg subcutaneously once weekly and monitor her blood tests carefully.'

Recurs? :? RECURS? :shock: It never flaming goes away! :lol: I have always assumed that my bloods were being carefully monitored but maybe it's far more hit-and-miss than I like to think. :wink: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hm. I suspect they meant 'if the joint pain increases'.

I think they possibly churn out these letters (all of which say similar things) on a semi-automatic basis. My rheumatologist recently sent a report in to my GP headed MRS SW – RA. Now normally I say I have RA because people can just about grasp that but I do think the rheumatologist should get the diagnosis correct as it could have implications so I pointed out it was officially Stills Disease. Sure enough, another letter arrived correcting the first one and copies to both me and my GP.

I don't know about rheumatology but my GPs are very on-the-ball with my blood tests.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    I've sussed it. It was from my rheumatologist and she was referring to the PsA: it's the OA which causes the constant pain so not her concern. I know I was tired yesterday (still am) so very liable to get the wrong end of the stick. :roll: Saturday was a very long day (around seventeen hours - I should know better at my age and in my condition! :lol: ) DD
  • stickywicket
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I should know better at my age and in my condition! :lol: ) DD

:o Oh DD, you dark horse! What have you and Mr DD been up to :wink: No, please don't explain.

What do you mean by 'other conditions'? Oh OK. My congrats are withdrawn. I shall stop knitting the bootees :cry:
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Please note I didn't put 'interesting condition' so indeed you jumped to a rapid and very inaccurate conclusion! (The jump, however, was worth seeing. :wink: ) If I was in such a state it would be as a result of what my late Pa would call 'an immaculate contraption'. :) DD
  • stickywicket
    You are quite right. We are all in very boring conditions :roll: :)

I love the immaculate contraption :lol:

Are you suggesting my jumping is restricted :o You should have seen me when the vac landed on my toe :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Hello DD
    these thing's are sent too try us we just have to do as best as we can.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello my lovely, how's things with you and Sue? I am being sorely tried at the moment so I've decided to remain in bed for the majority of today with the odd excursion to make a cuppa. Needs must and luckily I can do it, so I am grateful for small mercies. DD
  • bridesmum
    bridesmum Member Posts: 181
    At the risk of sounding smutty I had a friend who's husband had a certain "condition" which she used to call "previous evacuation" :oops: sorry for lowering the tone. :oops:
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I got a letter from my rheum appt at the beginning of the month. Apparently, my pain is bearable. I'd like to see her hobble about on my feet for a day. :wink:
  • dreamdaisy
    Ah, theory versus reality strikes again. :wink: DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I do love you people on here = immaculate contraption,previous evacuation priceless,now must go to the loo before i have an incident. Mig :lol::lol::lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    We aim to please (unlike men :wink: ).

I managed to get up yesterday and go out for a curry in the evening - now I am paying the price for that audacious behaviour but shopping has to be done, some ironing and maybe a spot of cleaning. Women's work etc. etc. etc. The pain-free Spouse is at home but is grumpily painting his office. How can one be grumpy when there's nothing wrong physically and you've made the deliberate choice to paint large flat surfaces with a huge brush? :? DD