More tests!

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 27. Mar 2015, 09:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have been putting up with what i thought were early / perimenopausal signs for a few months. But now that I am regularly awake at 3&4 am with severe anxiety feeling, flushes, sweats etc (on top of waking with pain when I try to turn/move in bed) I though I would ask the GP if she thought it was early menopause due to me having a hysterectomy at 41. She has checked my bloods for hormones twice and they are not really showing menopause. So she check my BP- a little high, and asked me more questions before sending me off with a form to go to the hospital path lab to collect a lovely big collection pot for a 24 hr urine collection! She is testing for pheochromocytoma- an adrenal gland tumour. Never heard of it!! So I am off to brave the busy hospital car park to pick the bottle up and decide a good day to do it. A day at home I think!
Anyone heard of it?? (sorry not really LWA)
NB

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, I am sorry to read this, NB. My early menopause finished years ago but I still get the flushes and sweats, either due to my fibro and / or the drugs. I haven't heard of this particular condition but at least your GP is being thorough. I am not surprised you are waking as you are with what is going on at the moment but further investigation may be worthwhile. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Hope all goes well. I must admit to having sailed through my menopause, didn't realise that I was having it! No hot flushes etc. Probably due to the type of coil I had fitted in my 40's.
    Hope you don't have to wait long for the results, that's always the hard part.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi
    Thanks Slosh and DD
    I am thinking I will do the 24 hr thing on Bank Holiday Monday, so I don`t have to lug a big bottle of wee around with me :oops: , and i can hand it at the surgery Tuesday morning. I am trying not to read around the thing she is testing me for-ignorance is bliss etc.....
    My Dad will be having his next chemo soon. He is coping really well with it all luckily. Just keen to know if the 2nd choice stuff is doing it`s job.
    NB
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Wise move on not doing the google thing.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm sorry, I know nothing about this but at least your GP is making sure.

I once had to do the urine collection thing while pregnant. What a kerfuffle! I don't envy you.

Hope your Dad's chemo goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello NB
    Sorry you are having more problems , you do seem to be having so much thrown at you.. I'm not much help,don't have a clue about the adrenal gland .. but please let us know how you get on and good luck with it all
    Love
    Barbara