Is anyone else already bored with the election?

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 10. Apr 2015, 02:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
It's the official first day of campaigning - enough already! :wink: I know what I will do on polling day and all the pontificating in the world won't make a difference. Whatever colour we elect we can guarantee one thing: the majority of election promises will be broken so why do they bother trying to bribe the populace? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    YES
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Same here I am sick of listening to there lies :roll: and being treated like an idiot... :o
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    No its only just started. I want to know what each party intends to do with the benefits, housing, education and creating employment then I can make my decision on which party to vote for.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    No. I love politics.It's only by engaging that we can work out who is most likely telling the truth. There are good and bad in all parties.

Apparently all the effort is for only 16% of the population as the rest will either vote as they always do or not vote at all. That really does irritate me when I think of how, in some countries, people will queue all day in the hot sun for the privilege.

If people don't vote they forfeit their right to criticise their MP or local councillor.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    It does feel as though it's been going on for ages, I suppose it's because as the date of the election was fixed, all the parties started making claims and counter claims and commentators started analysing weeks/months ago.
    Will vote as always but know who for.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    I am listening to a Tory and a Labour candidate and the play-group squabble nature of the claims, counter-claims and shouting over each other is deplorable. Hey-ho, including today there are a mere thirty seven days of campaigning to go - the end is nearly in sight.

The apathy of the voters is sad but I guess when you've always had the privilege of voting you take it for granted. I find the queues of those for whom it's a new event very moving, likewise the empty polling stations which dot here and there on voting days but that's moving in a different way. DD
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I am sooooooo bored with it all already. I never watch the news and have zero interest in it all but SWMBO always puts the news on and I find myself shouting at the tv.. much to her annoyance :lol: sorry Janet :wink: xxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I wrote to the PM and said if he changes my pension, I wouldn't vote for the tories ever again, they changed both of them and my wifes as well.

Who would ever let Labour loose with the countries finances again! UKIP can have my vote and dam the rest, about time they realised that we've had enough.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello DD
    our dad was a labour counsellor I was there to make the tea it lasted for hours they did so much arguing.
    we don't vote anymore.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Must say I enjoyed the 6 way debate last night, apart form the limited questions , I know they had limited time but why couldn't they have just had hands up and choose at random..glad I wasn't there are I would have been thrown out with my heckling.. eastern_basket: they kept banging on about all these apprenticeships..some are good..but what about the ones in shops and cafe.. at £2 and hour, my GD is working in an care home and changing colostomy bag for that money but , a few weeks before she started they were all on full pay, low but full pay..so to me this is cheap labour.
    The NHS is is fighting to survive..so Farage for me..lets get Britain back on its feet.. :bunnysuit: rant over
    Love
    Barbara
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Elizabeth, I made my decision at the last election based on what parties promised but like the old pie crusts - easily broken
    and to sum up
    I can't believe a word anyone of them comes out with.

So Yes totally bored by the lies and waffle already.

From the old cynic Kath
  • tkachev
    That is a concern Kath. Trouble is there was a coalition last time so deals had to be made to keep each party happy.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    I'd just like to add that no party is perfect...I''m reminded of the quote by John Lydgate.

'You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.'

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    You are spot on Elizabeth.

Last year I emailed my local MP to make an enquiry regarding disabled people, I was assured by him that no way were his party going to effect any disability groups, what happened?
    All the awful problems with DLA, PIPS (is that correct abbreviation?) and the rest.
    You only have to read some posts on here to see what impact this last bunch did.

Kath
  • stickywicket
    [quote="barbara12"
    The NHS is is fighting to survive..so Farage for me.[/quote]
    :shock: You must be joking. He wants to privatise it. We'll end up like USA.
    Steven Wright
  • pot80
    pot80 Member Posts: 109
    Juvenile Gibberish.
  • stickywicket
    :? Me? Barbara? Nigel Farage? Or the whole thread?
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    It was a very enigmatic comment, pot80.

I was half-listening to the radio yesterday and thought it was Blair speaking. I was wrong because it was Billiband. They sound similar with their thin, light voices. DD