OA in jaw

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 2. Apr 2015, 05:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have had the problem for a while and just got round to going to GP who sent me onto the dentist who said its just arther and I'll have to put up with it, helpful lot aren't they!

I have to chew down past the wear and the grating till I get a firm bite on my food then chew, doesn't look as though there is any professional help, any advice to cope with this?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, I am sorry to read this. If it's a joint it can be affected but some seem to be more unfair than others, the jaw being a good example of that. I honestly don't know what to suggest but I find that when mine is not that happy I turn to soups and pasta, just to ease the strain. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    When my jaw is bad I eat soft/mushy foods as chewing anything is too painful.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Sorry I cant offer any advice, its about he only place I haven't got it..not brilliant to be told to get on with it..I hope it get easier for you..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    The worst thing of all is I don't seem to lose weight! The wear is on both sides so even soft bread is uncomfortable, at least the joint doesn't get stuck any more.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Sticking to softer foodstuff does not necessarily mean reducing one's calorie intake. Beer is very soft but . . . . :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Airwave!
    Being on a low budget helps restrict beer intake to once or twice a month. Getting back in the garden will help also help grow some nice veg!