6weeks post op

18amandah
18amandah Member Posts: 34
edited 15. Apr 2015, 13:02 in Say Hello Archive
hi I am 6 weeks post op ! Having had a hip replacement! Still bruised! Hoping I will be OK for hydrotherapy! Its not easy as I am a full time carer for my hubby! But he has got an extended period of help,till I feel better! Regards Amanda

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm glad you feel better, Amanda. That's what it's all about.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I've been wondering how you were getting on. I am so pleased that it's done, don't be in too much of a hurry to get back to 'normal' because there will still be some deep healing to be done, but it's good to read a more positive post from you. Carry on the good recovery work, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • OdamL
    OdamL Bots Posts: 11
    Hope you continue to recover, Amanda. I do hope hydrotherapy helps you with that. I have read ample of positive reviews about it, especially post operative ones. Hydrotherapy is used effectively in hip injury or following surgery to exercise with the aid of buoyancy to support the joint and reduce weight bearing during the natural healing process. Exercising your legs and hips by flutter kicking for less than one minute is a good start to building strength. It may also help you reduce oedema and swelling and hydrostatic pressure of water, also increases your blood circulation. However, please ensure you are sufficiently mobile to safely get in and out of the pool.

Odam.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Amanda its lovely to hear from you and so glad to hear your Hubby has some help to take the pressure off you..its good to have the 6 weeks out the way, but still take thing easy, I remember getting really tired for a couple of months..carry on with the walking its the best exercise for the hip..I'm so pleased you are doing well... :)
    Love
    Barbara