I am new - Hello - can you help

AllisonB
AllisonB Member Posts: 2
edited 7. May 2015, 11:40 in Say Hello Archive
Hi I am new to the forum but not new to Arthritis Care, have been a member of Gateshead Branch for 15 years +
What I am looking for has anyone had an analgesic injection in the hip joint, my consultant is doing this as a day patient, he wants to numb the hip and see if pain is coming from anywhere else, namely spine/lower back. Just wondered what this was like and what anyone was like afterwards , its just a local anesthetic. so not expecting any nasty after effects

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello AllisonB

A very quick welcome to you from the moderating team.

I am pleased to hear you are a long time A/C Branch Member :) I hope you will find our forums useful as well.

There are lots of people on here with various types of arthritis. I am sure they will make you very welcome and hopefully some will be able to answer you query.

Any problems using the boards please do give us a shout.

Moderator AC
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Alison and welcome from me too. I've no experience of this but I think you'll get more replies if you copy your post into the Living With Arthritis forum, maybe with a more explicit header. Good luck, both with the replies and the procedure :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you but I cannot help because I have not had this done. Not many members look in on this part of the forum so I concur with Sticky that you might be better off reposting on the Living with Arthritis board - I know that there are some who have had this done so please give them a few days in which to reply: it's always quiet around and post a Bank Holiday. :) I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hi Alison, and welcome from another north-easterner.

I had an injection via ultrasound for pain coming from the hip, which turned out to be a trochanteric bursa. It took just over 30 mins, but I wasn't a day patient, so probably different to the one you're having.