KP or not KP?

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
edited 14. May 2015, 07:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
Kevin Pietersen, of course.

Yes, he's hugely entertaining, a brilliant batsman and has just scored 326no for his county.

However, his county is 2nd division Surrey, his recent book roundly criticised his former England team mates and he has, according to Tom Holland on last night's Newsnight 'a Homeric ability to create chaos'.

For my money KP plays for KP not the team just as one Geoff Boycott did. And I write that as a Yorkie. I don't usually defend the ECB and I don't usually disagree with Mike Vaughan but I do think KP is flawed genius and trouble.

(And, of course, the Aussies will sledge us about it whether he plays or not.)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thought your post was going to be about peanuts !
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hubby and I were arguing about this at breakfast time. For me, he should never play for England again - he`s just not, nor ever has been, a team player. It`s not a case of being a "maverick," - most managers worth their salt can handle the mavericks in their team. He`s far worse than that, he`s absolutely divisive in any dressing room. His latest big score came against a team who haven`t won a match since 2012. I really hate the way he uses Piers Morgan as his mouthpiece too.

He`d have fitted in well in a Premiership football team, but as far as England selection goes, I`m afraid he`s burned his boats. I only hope Andrew Strauss doesn`t get pilloried for his decision.

And yes, the Aussies will sledge us anyway!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    mig wrote:
    Thought your post was going to be about peanuts !
    Mig that is brilliant so did I.. :lol::lol:
    I have seen it on the news and couldn't understand why they had left him out, Im not a cricket fan ..but I thought there must be a good reason..maybe he could go into modeling... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Not. It's an easy decision, for sure. He's had numerous chances and blown every single one thanks to his innate arrogance, egocentricity and pig-headedness, plus he rarely scored the runs when they were truly needed . Pick up your skirts and flounce back to the IPL, KP, we don't need you, your divisiveness and petulance. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    My view is that he is like the girl with the curl on the field - when he is good he is really really good but when he is bad he is horrid! As for being part of the team, well he is just not. Better off without him than with him I reckon.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,925
    Options
    Hello Sticky
    I thought you were talking about KP nuts I don't watch cricket.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx