Has anyone seen Slosh?

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 18. May 2015, 04:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
I miss her. I hope she's OK.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have missed you too Slosh. Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hope everything's OK with her.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Its a busy time at schools with SATS and wonder if she has been having to help out with support.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hope all's well with Slosh, but it is the silly season in schools with reports, updating records, passing on information etc.........

If you're out there Slosh, take care and try to make some "me" time.

Deb xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    What a lovely lot you are!
    Things have just ben getting on top of me, mainly emotionally. After the initial relief of getting my request to go part-time was agreed, all be it with a change of focus, the reality of it hit me and I'm in tbe strange position of planning transition in terms ofhand over to whoever gets "my" job while knowing I will still be in the school, and feeling guilty about the fact that thanksto me the head has to plan how to restructure the whole Inclusion dept.

I've also developed regular pain in my wrists and hands, luckily it's not Arthritis, but simply a worsening of my neuropathic pain. My GP is also getting frustrated with Orths at my hospital, he has made a referral to Psych for me (as they are insisting on as it will "help me turn the corner") but thinks Psych will see me once at the Access clinic and then discharge me. His last comment was that while Orths seem to want to say it is all in my mind I have very definate physical symptoms. I know he is only ( ?) a GP but he is the one person I see regularly and who I feel knows me.

I am struggling with my depression but at least my counselling has started which should help.

I just didn't want to come on here with yet another moan and felt/feel that in terms of support I had nothing to offer.

Work is busy, luckily I'm not too involved with SATs but there's plenty more going on and the fatigue has really been getting to me.

Thank you all for caring.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Slosh wrote:
    feeling guilty about the fact that thanksto me the head has to plan how to restructure the whole Inclusion dept..

No. NO. NO! Not thanks to you but thanks to arthritis. You inhabit the same body but, if it were all up to you none of this would have happened. You cannot be held responsible for what arthritis does, Slosh, and you mustn't feel guilty or blame yourself. I know you will feel as if you are to blame but this is one of those instances where feelings should not be trusted.

No wonder you are struggling with the depression. Who wouldn't? You are being passed from pillar to post and nothing gets better. I agree, you have a good GP and he does know you well, not just the bits of you that come under his jurisdiction.

Please believe me when I say you are as entitled as anyone to come on here 'with....a.....moan' (I refuse to accept it as 'yet another'). In fact, you are more than entitled as you are a great support to many.

Don't feel you must post. We all need time off here every so often. I was just a bit nattered about you, hence the thread. Thanks for taking the trouble to put us in the picture and please come back as and when you are ready and not before. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hi Slosh,

Just this (((((((((( )))))))))))). Hang in there, it will all sort and you'll still be an amazing teacher.

Deb xx
  • Slosh
    Thank you both
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Am sending hugs Slosh . (((((()))))) Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Slosh, so pleased to see you post, but please, please don't feel guilty about anything - if you can't say what you feel on here then where can you?

You have so much on your plate - none of us are 'Superwoman,' though we often run ourselves into the ground trying to be. Please be kinder to yourself and know we are thinking about you.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Sorry you have been struggling slosh,but you know were we are when needed...((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    All your kind messages have given me a real boost! Life can't be all bad with friends like you to support me
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I'm glad this thread is here because I had been wondering where our Slosh was. Glad to see you back, sorry things aren't so great. You are, and have been, going through such a lot in terms of not just your neck but the huge changes that it has triggered. I'm not surprised there is struggling involved in that (((((()))))) keep going Slosh, you will reach calmer seas soon.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter