Jaw 'scope tomorrow

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 22. May 2015, 06:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm not usually one for feeling nervous about these things but I've not been very well lately; vertigo, stomach pains and vomiting, so I'm a tad anxious about the general anaesthetic. Also, the thought of an overnight stay in hospital always makes me a bit antsy. I'm having a bilateral jaw arthroscopy, wash out procedure and steroid injections. We hope this will manage my symptoms enough to avoid/delay a total jaw replacement. :shock: Any pocket dwellers would be very welcome and much appreciated please. Thank you.

Comments

• Starburst
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Pocket dwellers may not be needed. I've just had a call from rheum nurse stating that my neutrophils are half the normal level which means my immune system is very low. She also told me I should have stopped humira but the max fax. consultant never said this. So, now I'm in limbo while the hospital decide if I'm too high risk to go ahead or not. <sigh>
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh borrox! It seems you can't win here, Sophie. I send hugs aplenty. Use as required and put me down for pocket duties if needed. (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Oh Soph, how very frustrating when you'd braced yourself for it. Hope things get sorted soon, but here are some hugs to be going on with
    (((((((((((((((( :? ))))))))))))))))).
    Deb xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I'm on the standby list if you need dwellers of the pocket variety, failing that, I add to SWs ((((())))) hope you can get off the high risk list.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    I'll hop into your pocket whenever you say. I hope things soon get sorted for you. A few (((()))) from me, too.

Meg
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I can be on stand-by too, whenever I`m needed - hope whatever happens it all goes well for you.
  • Starburst
    I'm still in limbo. The anaethetist admitted that he wasn't sure and has consulted the on-call haemotologist. The decision is for me to be admitted for blood tests and then take it from there. Fingers crossed that it was just an anomaly! Thank you so much for the support. I know I can always count on you. xx
  • stickywicket
    OK. I'm climbing in your pocket now just in case. You can always serve an eviction order on me tomorrow if not required. (((())))
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh dear, this is not what you wanted to hear, was it? I am so sorry, this is stupidly unfair. I know from personal experience that there is often a clash of opinions and thoughts between stopping or carrying on with the meds and we are often left to muddle through as best we can. I will keep my fingers as firmly crossed as possible that it can go ahead simply because you have been preparing yourself to have it done. I am thinking of you very much. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you, it won't be pleasant I'm sure but the thought of it being cancelled at the last minute and knowing that it still needs to be done will be worse.

Will be thinking of you
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Will have everything crossed that all goes well for you Sophie...will be thinking about you..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    I'm still here. And still hoping for whatever you'd most like to happen.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I'm another one still sitting in the bottom of your pocket. Good luck (((())))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Starburst
    I'm waiting for the blood test results and unless my neutrophils drop any further, it's all systems go. Thank you for the support.
  • stickywicket
    (((())))
    Steven Wright
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    I hope everything comes back good and you're able to go ahead. Good luck!
  • Starburst
    Thank you for the support.

My bloods came back stable, so it went ahead. It didn't quite go to plan; the actual op took double the length of time, the surgeon couldn't manage to see in the left side at all and I was quite poorly in recovery. I'm in hideous pain and swollen on the side that he couldn't gain access which doesn't make a great deal of sense. I was awake most of last night, hence my current state of misery. I really hope this helps in the long-term because I'm feeling really down at the moment.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Oh Sophie, life really is the pits sometimes isn't it. Just hope the pain settles quickly and you get some decent sleep......a few duvet days in order perhaps?

Take care,

Deb xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    So sorry to hear this, definitely agree with dibdab, the prescription is a few days off to rest and recuperate, and don't forget it's a long weekend
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Oh, so sorry things didn't go well - be kind to yourself & feel better soon.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Soph! :(

I am so sorry it hurts so much :(

((())) for you and I also hope very much it does actually help.

Love

Toni xxx
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    You poor love, what a rotten time you're having of it. I suppose the attempts to gain access to the unsuccessful side have caused the pain there - the words insult and injury spring to mind! I do hope things quickly improve for you.
  • stickywicket
    I'm so sorry it all went a bit a over t, Sophie. I'm thinking of you very much. (((())))
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    A few more. (((())))
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    You are all such kind and generous people. There have been times when I genuinely could not have coped without the support of the wonderful users of this forum. xx

I'm still in a lot of pain but I've spoken to the consultant who is going to see me next week to rule out anything untoward. He did say that recovery can be quite difficult (now he tells me!) which has reassured me. Part of the issue is that I can't sleep, I can't eat and I can't talk - my favourite hobbies!