PIP appeal won

As5567
As5567 Member Posts: 665
edited 26. May 2015, 05:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
I attended my PIP Tribunal hearing today and they have decided to award me enhanced care and mobility. I am more than happy with the outcome and would encourage anyone to appeal their decision all the way to a tribunal if you think they have not made the right decision.

I felt that my case was rather straight forward and I just stuck to the points I have been making since my application. The DWP clearly did not even look at my first appeal in much detail as the representative from DWP today barley said a single word, its as if she knew they were wrong and just sat mostly silent. The doctor who attended was fairly clueless when it came to AS but he did ask some good questions which went in my favour.

The hearing lasted about 25 minutes, I was then asked to sit outside and wait for the panel to make a decision which only took about 5 minutes. They then told me what had been decided and that was the end of the matter. They have also recommended that the DWP review my case in 5 years time. Apparently this is just a recommendation which does not need to be followed and it will be up to the person processing my appeal to implement that or not. I will also be getting a back payment which is something I didn't expect to get.

I'm glad the whole PIP nightmare is now over and they can leave me be for the next 3-5 years.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good :D And well done on persevering. Who knows, having this burden removed might well help with your arthritis. I hope so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I am so very happy to hear this, now you can relax it will hopefully make life that little bit easier.. h040.gif xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Lovely to hear your good news - so pleased for you!
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Great news, really pleased to hear it.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hoorah Hoorah Hoorah!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so very pleased As5567 :D

b020.gif

Good job they are backdating too.

Love

Toni xx
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    HOORAY............ :D well done you on sticking up for yourself. Hopefully it will encourage others to keep going and trust that justice will prevail.

Deb xxxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Congrats AS, I'm pleased for you and hope you will be able to relax now and concentrate on your health.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Great news about appeal, hope this helps others to decide to appeal the PIP decisions. :D