Earthquake in Kent

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 23. May 2015, 17:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just to say am OK and luckily not affected by earthquake early this morning.

My mate in Herne Bay thought she'd been broken into and someone was shaking her bed! She is fine though.

Hope anyone else on forum in Kent is OK.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Did the earth move for anyone else.! Mig

glad you're ok
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    I've 'done' 3 minor 'quakes' – 2 in UK and 1 in L.A. The first woke me up when the wardrobes moved, the second made my chair wobble and the L.A. one did shake the apartment a little. My grandson has regular quake drill at his kindergarten. Glad you're OK, Grace. They can be a bit unnerving, especially when you're left wondering if it's just a preamble.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Oooh, nasty - I hadn`t heard about this. I`m glad you are OK and not hurt at all.

I remember we had a minor one years ago in Rhodes - we could feel the sun loungers shaking, but the whirlpool effect in the centre of the pool was alarming - lots of swimmers beating a hasty retreat!
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    my daughter rang me about 8am this morning to tell me about this as she and my son-in-law and grandchildren live in Margate and felt it and my sister lives in Ramsgate she slept through it as did my 13 year old granddaughter think the epicentre was near Sandwich. she rang me to tell me they were all ok before I saw it on the News or on facebook and got worried.
    :o
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,403
    Gosh I hadn't heard!!

Does a near-tsunami in Sri Lanka count?? :?
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Our local paper has their own website and someone from my home town is claiming to have felt this. Personally, we knew nothing at all about this -and nor did my neighbour - until we saw it on the news.

And yes, a near Tsunami definitely counts! It actually puts everything into the proper perspective.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!