edited 25. May 2015, 04:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
Over the last few months i have had problem after problem with my laptop
now this evening go to cook dinner and the ovens has given up the ghost :( :x
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's so annoying when things pack up like this and why is it always on a weekend when you can't get an engineer out??? Naturally, this sort of thing doesn't happen on a Monday lunchtime.

I hope you managed to use this as an excuse to go out for a meal instead?

Good luck with getting this fixed. I suppose it could be a good excuse to treat yourself to a new oven, if you can afford it!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    true Grace but my cooker is covered by the same company as my central heating is, and cooker is so old that If I call them out I know the will condem it and switch it off completely, and at the moment I still have the hob working so don't really want that. Trouble is Oh says we can't order a new one at present as finances wont allow it for about another 6 weeks or so. At least I have a small table top size electric oven which is very small and a microwave plus the hob so need to be very inventive with meals for a while its just so annoying.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    That makes life very difficult doesn't it? Hmmm ...

Being female (sorry chaps!) I am sure you will rise to the challenge and have nourishing, inventive and wonderful meals despite the lack of an oven.

I wish you good luck with this.

But it's still so annoying for you.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm with Grace in that I'm sure you'll rise to the challenge, Carol. I just hope the hobs are safe to use. Please be careful.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh no Carol...like they say it never rains... :roll: I am sure between the hob,and the others you will be able to knock up a good meal...I do hope you can get a new one soon there are some good offer on..or like we did there is a very good second hand cooker shop near us..and we got one form there a few years ago they have to be checked by law..good luck we are looking for a new TV our old one of 20 years :o is losing colour... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Well I have surprised :o myself today I managed a reasonable roast lamb with mint sauce roast potatoes and green beans and Rice pudding for pudding. using hob, mini oven, grill and microwave and must say it was quite enjoyable even OH said it was ok ( shock horror :o a compliment ?) its alright Sticky I think it is just the oven thermostat that has gone but the cooker is so old that it no longer possible to get parts hasn't been for about 15 yrs and having worked for said company I know that they will condem it they did the same with my washing machine a few years ago. so not worth calling them out cos then Ill loose the use of the hob as well. :D
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Blimey, Carol! That sounds like a wonderful meal. Well done you! Have you thought of making your fortune by writing the No Oven Cook Book? If even a husband notices you must be on to a winner.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    love it sticky mind you think mr turbo was surprised I had managed it and we didn't eat it much later than usual :lol::lol: however before I started slimming world I think I might have struggled but have learnt a lot of tricks since to adapting recipes and cooking methods :) Just hope the hob stays working till finances will allow new cooker. :roll:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Good for you Carol...we have had ham sandwiches...and my cooker is working..are you free next Sunday... :) x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Carol!

You are amazing!! Mind it's a bit like cooking in a caravan on your hols isn't it?!!

My poor friend had to manage at least 6 months like that with only the tiny 'top oven' and hob working because her hubby is tight :x .

Finally the whole thing went poof! and she has a new one :)

Hang on in there :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • Turbogran
    thanks Toni hopefully I wont have to wait six months as mr turbo has just 2 more payment to make and the new bed we had just before christmas will be paid off he has already said we will definitely get a new one then so it may be about 2 months before I get mine, but I also know that if I could not use the hob he would get one straight away. he is not tight with money just careful. I'm hoping the hob last out that long because then will be able to get a good cooker and not a cheap one that don't last. So have to be patient and do the best with what I've got. :) And Barbara love that glad I made your mouth water enough for you to want to have dinner with us :lol::lol: and as I said before thanks to slimming world I am much more experimental with my cooking these days. :roll:
    Stay positive always👍xx