Tired but happy

theresak
theresak Member Posts: 1,998
edited 2. Jun 2015, 05:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
We've spent today in York, for our youngest grandson' s First Holy Communion. I had a rather large lump in my throat at the sight of our little cherub - today looking extra smart in pristine white shirt, red tie, trousers with knife-edge creases & hair neat and tidy. He did all that was required of him, posed patiently for the family pics as we shivered in the church garden, then kindly told the priest that the 'wine tasted horrible.' Cue blushes from the adults & laughter from said priest.

We had a very nice celebratory lunch before going back to our son's house where the little cherub morphed into the football-mad little boy so familiar to us, managed to get quickly grubby along with his brother, in a very hectic and noisy game of penalties, followed by an equally and extremely competitive game of cricket.

A lovely day, and the tiredness which hit me on the drive home didn't matter one jot.

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Tezz
    That's the sort of thing where pacing yourself doesn't matter {my opinion} for something like that it is really worth it.

There are other things that aren't worth it :lol:

As for the wine....well you know what they say about working with children and animals :lol:

Take it easy tomorrow

Love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Sounds like a wonderful day! Hope you can take it easy today.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Sounds like you had a good day and as I always say tiredness and pain payback on these occasions doesn't matter one little bit take it easy today. :D
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Now that is well worth feeling tired for ..I used to love to see the children all dressed up at communion..they do look angelic...then like you say off with the nice clothes and do what children do...or was he still in his finery... :lol: bet you have some lovely pics... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Glad you enjoyed the weekend,Yorks lovely.Rest up. Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    barbara12 wrote:
    Now that is well worth feeling tired for ..I used to love to see the children all dressed up at communion..they do look angelic...then like you say off with the nice clothes and do what children do...or was he still in his finery... :lol: bet you have some lovely pics... :D

He was shedding his finery as he galloped up the stairs - tie came off, shirt unbuttoned before he reached his bedroom!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well done, Tezz and Master Tezz.

Boys do look lovely but a little unnatural when all spruced up.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright