It's official, it's summer.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 7. Jun 2015, 14:14 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yup, it is, today is the second day of the season optimistically known as summer (ah, the scenes that word conjures of blue skies, long days, hot drinks, ice creams, sand and sunscreen, wasps and midges) and I know it is for the following reasons.

1. The lights are on.

2. The trees are flirting with the horizontal due to the high winds.

3. The rain is sporadic but soaking.

4. The heating's sprung into life.

You gotta love it. :roll: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello DD
    yes summer is lovely. it can be too warm but it has been so cold.
    so come on summer.
    joan
    take care
    joan xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Its hiding here in nottm we have the fire on.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm in Scotland.

Bright, sunny, cold, windy and a roaring fire in the evening. Rather nice. Better in December though :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Brrrrr here. Come on summer, don't be shy!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Time to get the spray tan out... :o
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Dreadful gales here last night but I'm SO glad to hear I'm not the only one who has put the heating back on. Past years I just refused to put it on at this time of year but yesterday I felt so stiff, cold and achy when I got in from work I just gave in.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    I'm going to get some more logs for my stove tomorrow, I needed fleece and gilet, plus fingerless gloves, with waterproof to hand, at work yesterday. Yup summer's here! Have you noticed how in recent years the term 'flaming June' has become an ironic one as we develop webbed feet and fight our way through dripping macs?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    DD adopts warm Geordie accent to announce the following:

It's day five in the Big Summer Scam. The skies have darkened to night, the lights are on, thunder is rolling around the heavens and Daisy is in a weather-induced temper. Her other housemate is thankful that he has gone to work.

e060.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Come north, young woman. It's lovely here :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Today here in my part of Kent we started this particular summer's day with a thunderstorm before 7am with torrential rain. Whoever was playing silly beggars with the weather controls then turned the tap off and put the heating on full blast so it was like the tropics until lunch time. :roll:

Lunchtime comes - and with it for me a large load of washing to go out. Yup - that's right. The switch was flicked again by the same sadist and we then had thunder, lightning and more torrential rain. Mind you, it did freshen things up a bit.

Once that particular episode of the tap being on full blast was stopped, the heating cranked up yet again. I like the sun; I don't like humidity! :? Humidity and menopausal hot flushes are not happy bed mates.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    That evil person has been playing silly whats-its with the weather yet again here. One minute we have thick cloud; the next it's a heatwave. Still, we must be grateful the "humidity" button wasn't pushed today.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!