Thank you

fulton
fulton Member Posts: 88
edited 7. Jul 2015, 13:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, I would like to thank you for the support I've had of you. I found it hard excepting the fact, I've got Arthritis and I'm HL-AB27 Positive. Since September 2013, I've joined Slimming World and lost 7st 7lbs in an attempt to ease the pain in my feet, without much luck, although I do feel alot healthy , apart from the Arthritis . I've started getting pain in other places, back, elbow and my hands, but I'm seeing on a regular basis, even though she doesn't listen to everything , hopefully she will sort out my medication. Im taking 20mg Omeprazole, 2 500mg Salazopyrin twice a day and 1 500mg of Naproxen twice a day, so regular blood tests.
My Blue Badge is a God send, and I've just applied for PIP, although I probably won't get, it's worth the try.
I've changed my career, so I'm working as a security officer in Cardiff Centre, which I find hard, as I have to be on my feet alot, but it pays the bills., and will do until I find something more suitable.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That's a very kind post, fulton and thank you. We have to stick together as we do know what its like and others can't really know even with the best of intentions.

You have done amazingly well to lose 7st 7lbs :o and I'm pleased you're feeling better for it generally though I'm sorry your feet are still so painful. Being on them all day can't help but well done you for persevering. I hope a more suitable job will come along soon.

By the way, I think this thread might be moved by the Moderators to the Living With Arthritis forum. You posted it on the new News Forum.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • fulton
    Thanks
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You're more than welcome, Fulton, there's no doubt that you are doing what you can to help yourself and congratulations on the weight loss! I too lost weight and found the only benefit was a little more ease in moving around, the pain remained the same but I guess once the damage is done it's done.

I hope you can find a job which is better-suited to your physical needs but the most important thing is that you are working: in some ways I miss my work because it gave a focus and shape to the day but in other ways I don't because I know I couldn't cope with it now. Keep in touch, yes? I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fulton
    I've just applied for PIP, but won't hold my breath , that I will get anything.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Many are initially refused but then are granted it on appeal: don't give up hope yet. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    It's true that many are refused but that's no reason not to apply. Well done you for trying :D I wish you success. You might like to enlist the help of CAB in filling out the forms. They have helped a number of people as they know how to put things better than we do. Good luck!
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello fulton
    sorry I am lare seeing this I just cant get going these days, its not like me..its lovely to support one another, and I find its helps me..I do hope you can get on top of that pain, you have done so well losing all that weight, not easy when your are not has mobile..I do wish you well with everthing..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • fulton
    Thanks everyone, I think the problem is when they asked how far I walk before I stopped? My answer was I'd rather get to my destination before stopping, so I didn't have to walk any further.
    Do I use a walking aid?, occasionally I use a walking stick but I get pains in my hands so I'd rather just get on without it.
  • stickywicket
    I understand what you say about preferring not to stop. Standing still is the killer but whether or not they understand that is another matter.

I've had higher rate mobility allowance for years. I've never been able to use walking aids due to the arthritis in my shoulders, elbows, wrists and hands though I do use a wheelchair for longer journeys and I do have the advantage of looking very arthritic :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • fulton
    To many liars abused the system for years, now we're suffer for it!