NOT BEEN ON HERE MUCH RECENTLY

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 30. Jun 2015, 13:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I'm sorry I've not been on here much recently.
I'm trying to get my pain under control.
The trochanter fracture pain is quite bad now and I don't want to keep downing tablets :?
Pain killers {dullers} I'm on full dose of paracetamol ,naproxen and codeine {lowest dose} when needed.
Like everyone else I'm sure, I'm on others for various things.
I was taken off the codeine and put on MST {morphine} 2 ...12 hrs apart. After about 2 weeks I didn't think it was doing any good so came off it and am now on 2 codeine in the evening.
I'm no worse than when on the morphine but at least the codeine isn't as bad as that dose of morphine.
I'm trying my relaxation CD's and trying to think of anything else that might help {not more meds!}
Sorry about the rant.
Just thought I would apologise for my absence ...I'll try and get on more often
Love
Hileena

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    So sorry to hear you're having sucha rough time at the moment. I do hope you (and your doctors ) manage to find an effective way of managing your pain to make it more bearable.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh borrox! I'd noticed your absence but it's been very quiet on here in general so I just presumed everyone was out enjoying the good old English summer. (Yes, that was a poor attempt at a joke :wink: )

I'm sorry things are so rough for you. You're not one to make a big deal of pain - far from it - so, when you admit stuff's bad, we know it really is bad, by any definition.

I do empathise with the idea that, if the strong meds don't work then why take strong meds. Like you, I'd be cutting back rather than adding on. You are still left to deal with the pain though and that's a problem.

I know your normal route away from it is by getting on and doing stuff to take your mind off it. I'm guessing that's difficult right now. I know you help out for AC locally so presumably have access to all their publications but, on the offchance, have you tried their Pathway Through Pain course? (Just google it.) It's intended for people with RA (I think) but they do give different techniques that might help. I hope so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Sorry I've nothing to suggest, but I just wanted to say so sorry you're in a really rough place. Sending gentle hugs and empathy ((((((( )))))). xxx
    Deb
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hileena don't apologize I am behind with LWA...you have had and having a rough time with that hip and fracture..so I think you are allowed sometime off..mind you there is no such thing with you and all the volunteering... :shock: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Hi Deb, Slosh, SW, and Barbara
    Thanks for your replies. I know there is nothing anyone can do but I was just getting it off my chest :D

SW ....yes I am involved still with Arthritis Care. Actually that does take my mind of the pain a bit.....distraction :wink:
    I also have access to their literature, in fact when I have to meet others I have to know what to advise them.....but no one advises me or tells me to pace myself etc :lol: I know it but doing it???? different matter as Barbara will tell you :wink:
    I haven't come across that Pathway through Pain course and I will google it and see what info there is...Thanks a lot SW

Thanks Barbara ...well you know the situation more than anyone else......Not doing anything on Monday either.....Nothing until Tuesday :lol: I'm getting better at pacing :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I too had noticed your absence and wondered what was up. You are going through a rough patch at the moment, aren't you? I agree about the pain meds, if they're not doing what they are supposed to do then why ramp them higher? We all know they don't work as we would wish. I'm pretty good at pacing myself but it is so easy to get it wrong - the pain feedback tells me when I'm overdoing things so that, for me, is another reason for not dulling it beyond reason. I hope things improve soon, I really do. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    Thanks for your reply.
    I can cope with all the other pains from the various arthritis, scoliosis, stenosis, etc etc
    Its this one pain that I find it hard to cope with.
    Completely different to the other pains and pacing doesnt help it. Not like it does the other pains. Like you say I know when I've done too much with the other arthrisis.
    I'm used to the crutches permanently now but if I could get this pain to ease a bit I would be a happy little bunny :wink:
    How are you these days?

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's tough, isn't it? There is nothing worse than unremitting, grinding pain. How am I? Well, I've been better and I'm glad I'm not worse (though that option is still available). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    Still not sure how you are :lol: Typical DD. :wink:
    Take care anyway

Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Sorry your having a rough time at the moment Hileena hoping you will get some relief soon ((((())))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    So sorry you're still suffering Hileena. I seem to remember that there was a problem with the fracture healing - is that due to osteoporosis?
  • hileena111
    Hi
    I'm told it was due to the osteoporosis that it happened in the first place........Dont think that has anything to do with lack of healing.
    Its because the bones are so far apart that they will never knit together again

I did nurse but it was with people with learning difficulties so I'm not really up on orthopaedics....thats as much as I know

Love
    Hileena
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    That's a miserable situation Hileena. Is it felt that any attempt to 'bridge the gap' would cause more problems?
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Yes they seem to think it would cause more problems than it was worth and might not work anyway

Love
    Hileena