Anyone for Tennis?

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 4. Jul 2015, 05:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
I hope those of you who enjoy Tennis have a great couple of weeks watching Wimbledon. I understand it was over 40c on centre court today. :!: I have every admiration for these sports people who can not only play a sport to an extremely high standard, but can do so in these high temperatures!

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am revelling in the tennis, Wimbledon is my favourite tournament. I was offered the chance to go today, I am very thankful that I had to turn it down! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I used to enjoy playing tennis but only really watched it in the McEnroe, Connors, Navratilova, Evert era.

I've no idea how they cope with the heat. Plenty of water and bananas, I expect.

My eyes are on the cricket.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I love the tennis Grace, and really look forward to Wimbledon.they will have to be carful today..they could do with putting the roof on and getting air conditioning :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Apparently for the top players it isn't too hot, they are used to playing tournaments in places like Australia and Federer trains in Dubai. I think it's worse for the lines men/women etc and the spectators.

Having said that I'm not a fan.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    What a fantastic match between Dustin Brown and Rafa Nadal. I was entranced from beginning to end, and will be watching the highlights again this morning.

You would think that with all his millions Nadal could buy some knickers that fit. :wink: DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    :lol:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    What a fantastic match between Dustin Brown and Rafa Nadal. I was entranced from beginning to end, and will be watching the highlights again this morning.

You would think that with all his millions Nadal could buy some knickers that fit. :wink: DD

He was all over the place, shorts, hair, wiping his nose, I think its a sign of nerves.

I don't usually watch the first week as I prefer the last 16 onwards, although you can get a few upsets in the early stages.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    He's always done it, I suspect there's an element of OCD; the precise placing of the water bottles, the preparation of pant-tugging, nose-wiping, all repetitive tics. He's admitted that the glory days are probably gone, or maybe it's time for Uncle Tony to go and a new coach brought in? DD
  • charrisse
    charrisse Member Posts: 89
    Options
    GO ANDY!! :D
    All the world is mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd!

Birthday - AUGUST 22nd