Half of all medical literature is false

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
edited 7. Feb 2023, 10:09 in News Archive
Half of all medical literature is false

- Editor In Chief Of World’s Best Known Medical Journal: “Half Of All The Medical Literature Is False”

- Flagrant conflicts of interest involved

- Obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance

- Editor in Chief of another respected medical Journal -“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published”

http://4bitnews.com/uk/half-of-all-medical-literature-is-false/

Mod B

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I imagine this is partly due to poor quality studies which are not peer reviewed and the growth of self-styled experts on the Internet. If anyone is interested there was a play on radio 4 yesterday called Snake Oil which dealt with this and the vulnerability of some people with chronic illness /disease, (in the play cancer). It's on the radio iplayer.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This doesn't surprise me, there is so much floating around on the web so how can one rely on what one reads as being reliable and truthful information? People are vulnerable when ill and there has always been those who are ready to exploit that vulnerability.

Medical drugs are big business - 'nuff said? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • charrisse
    charrisse Member Posts: 89
    Options
    ...and statins are the worst in this field .. show me any form of trials or research that have been done on them!?!
    All the world is mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd!

Birthday - AUGUST 22nd
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Maybe the idea of a 'News Forum' on here was a bit premature :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Jen
    Jen Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Trouble with news journalists, some (or many) are not interested in the truth or accuracies, they just want to sell the news and get popular hit ratings, so often publish sensational stories to do the trick.

In the end the individual has to make up there own minds if its true or false or a bit of both.
    flower2520paars.gif~c200