mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 10. Jul 2015, 09:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
Anyone got a bread maker ? what brand ? and would you recommend it.Mig

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have a Panasonic, it's now nearly 7 years old and still working perfectly although I am thinking of upgrading purely to get one with more functions. It makes lovely bread and also had a useful dough making setting. I keep mine out but not in the kitchen as the lid opens too high to fit under the cupboards. I also have an electric carving knife which makes it easy to cut.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Mig my son is looking for one, and says the panasonic are the best so far..but if you type bread maker revies in google ..the telegraph has the best 8 ones on there..they say the Cuisinart is a contender, but its good they review each one..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I bought a Panasonic because of the good reviews and when I get a new one will do so again. I know Good Housekeeping rate them highly and they usually come out well in their tests, it's also worth looking on sites such as Am**on for reviews and offers. I also have a recipie book which has lots of recipes for sweet breads and cakes in as well as for sour dough bread you can make in a machine. Mine has a timer do you can add ingredients such as fruit but dome do this automatically, some also have settings for gluten free breads.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    My bread-maker is called Nick, and he`s my hubby!! He absolutely loves making bread, ever since he retired, and he`s turned out some lovely loaves, baguettes, etc. He doesn`t use a machine, just his own fair hands.