Hi all

tedthered64
tedthered64 Member Posts: 84
edited 13. Jul 2015, 13:56 in Say Hello Archive
I'm 51 years of age and have recently been diagnosed with OA in both needs and advanced OA of both hips, the left one has totally gone! Ted

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Ted

Welcome to the forums where I'm sure you will get a lot of help and good advice from all the lovely people on here.

It is a little quiet being the weekend, but I'm sure that someone will be along shortly to help.

We are here if you need any support to do with using the forums. Many of the mods have some of the many varieties of arthritis and we all know about the feelings that go along with having it.

Do read and post across the different topics that you will find here.
    All best wishes

Mod B
  • tedthered64
    tedthered64 Member Posts: 84
    Hi, thanks for the reply, original message should read 'both knees' sorry
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Ted and welcome to the forum
    I am 65 and had one hip replaced but not far off having the other one done..., I do hope you find the forum helpful and talking about it can help
    any questions just post in living with arthritis. and we have chitchat that is for anything but arthritis. I do hope to see you around the forum..
    Love
    Barbara
  • bb61
    bb61 Member Posts: 8
    hi ted
    im new to this site also, im similar age to yourself and had neck surgery several years ago but have also over the last few years been suffering with various joint pain, I love exercise and try to keep as active as possible, im afraid if I stop then I will seize up completely (not sure how true this is??) im at the moment waiting for more surgery on my shoulder where I have bone spurs and calcification through arthritis this surgery has been 3 years in waiting, the pain gets you down and unless you suffer the same cannot understand how it affects your life and personality, I hope like me you get some advice and understanding from this site, take care, bb x
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hello Ted and welcome - though sorry about your diagnosis. I'm sure you'll find the forum members helpful.

Do keep posting.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry that you have had to find us. I too have OA in various joints but that's as a result of my other arthritis - none of it is fun. :wink: The best thing about the forum is that we all know how challenging and tough living with arthritis can be, so rest assured you are talking to the reluctantly initiated. Most people look in and post on the Living With Arthritis board on here, so have a look and don't be afraid to join in: new voices and experiences are always welcome. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben