update Mike R

MILO147
MILO147 Member Posts: 13
edited 2. Aug 2015, 12:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello everyone, I am sorry but I could not remember the password . I am trying very hard to get my blood sugar levels under control , the gp has put me on two extra tablets, gp told me my legs are now chronic and will always be , hazel is waiting for her injection in her shoulder, i hate seeing her in pain . Mike JR is still having trouble with his leg Surgeon is trying to get him to have another operation but he still says no.

hope all are keeping ok , still enjoying driving (love it)

all the best

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Mike. It's lovely to see you again but I'm sorry things are so difficult for all of you.

How old is Mike Jnr now and what does the surgeon want to do for him?

I'm so pleased you're still enjoying the driving. It was worth all your perseverance, wasn't it?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Mike its lovely to have you back with us, but sorry to hear you are all struggling, I hope you can get your sugar under control soon, and please keep an eye on your legs we dont want any infections, has for Mike jnr would he not have a chat with the surgeon, with you and hazel with him, it might help..
    how is the driving going..hope you are enjoying getting out and about..and I hope hazel gets that injection very soon..love to all of you
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Mike Hazel Mike'jr
    it's lovely to hear how you are getting on but 'm sorry you all have so much pain. i'm sorry your legs are so bad. I hope Hazel soon has her injection and Mike'jrs leg is helped some way.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Mike! :D It's lovely to hear from you again but I am sorry that things are not that bonny. I am so pleased you are still enjoying driving (me too) and I hope that things get better for everyone sooner rather than later. I wish you all well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • milo234
    milo234 Member Posts: 9
    Hi , will it took me sometime to set up an account as I tried to put this site on my laptop, thank you all for responding to my post my I ask a question ? When my hips are very sore a lump will appear , hot , now it disappears once my hip feels better, Does anyone else get a lump ???
  • stickywicket
    I never noticed any lumps before I had my hip(s) replaced but I can't really turn round very far so might not have noticed anyway. Why not post this on Living With Arthritis? You might get more replies.
    Steven Wright
  • MILO147
    MILO147 Member Posts: 13
    great news hazel is to get her injection tomorrow , the girl just phoned today so big drive tomorrow her appointment is 6pm at it is at musgrave hospital belfast (hope it all quiet tomorrow night ) so chuffed :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

mike R
    Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh Mike, that is good news! :D I take it she's having a steroid injection? I hope they advise her to rest the joint as much as possible after its done to help the jollop sink into the joint and really get to work. My hospital ha always advised at least 48 hours for my knees, so maybe the same for her shoulder? Please let us know how she gets on, I wish her well and good luck with the drive! DD

PS I've answered your thread on LWA - remember I am not a doc. :wink:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • milo234
    Hi all, well found the hospital after a long drive ( driving in Belfast is a nightmare ) now we went to the main building they told us to go outside and go and find Musgrave house , so went outside time was now after 6pm appointment was 5.50pm drove around could not find Musgrave house so asked a person , she said I am a nurse and I have never heard of a building called Musgrave house , time now was 6.15pm we then decided to call it a day and go home (it was raining heavy)

Hazel going to see if she can rearrange the appointment at a hospital close at hand and in the after noon feel sorry for Hazel she is still in pain .

Mike R & hazel and Mike JR

take care all
  • barbara12
    Oh Mike I am sorry, we did the same a couple of years ago...we have different branches to one of our hospital..and we went to the wrong one..I hope Hazel can get another one very soon...
    Love
    Barbara
  • milo234
    Very good news :D:D Hazel has got another appointment for her steroid injection it 30th July this time its at 5.10pm they never sent a map so going to a dummy run next week and see if I can find it sat nav should help so glad she got this , she is in such pain (lets hope I find it this time )

take care

Mike R
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hi mike,

I am glad she got a follow up appointment so soon.

If you google Musgrave house, Belfast you get a map and if you click on the map you can zoom into the area and get to see if you recognise any of it. It also gives the address. Looking at the map I'm not sure if it is part of the main hospital in Belfast, it is on the outskirts of the park area but I may be wrong.

Hope Mike Junior is doing okay.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • milo234
    tkachev wrote:
    Hi mike,

I am glad she got a follow up appointment so soon.

If you google Musgrave house, Belfast you get a map and if you click on the map you can zoom into the area and get to see if you recognise any of it. It also gives the address. Looking at the map I'm not sure if it is part of the main hospital in Belfast, it is on the outskirts of the park area but I may be wrong.

Hope Mike Junior is doing okay.

Elizabeth x
    Thank you so much , this map is great , it looks if it is outside stockmans Lane they old me in the letter it is the first building on the right, this shows me it is no where near that . THANK YOU :D

Mike R

oh ps mike Jr is doing fine thank you for asking.
  • barbara12
    Hello Mike its good news that Hazel has another appointment...and good thinking from Elizabeth..the map will be a big help to you...hope it all goes well..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • milo234
    :D, well hazel appointment is today so this drive should go very smooth as I have had two dummy runs used google street view to map out a route 5 times the appointment is 5.10pm so I will let you all know how it went . so glad for hazel hope it helps her.

Mike R
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Best of luck Mike for you driving and Hazel for her injection :sunny:

Love

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I hope you are able to find the correct place for her appointment Mike and all goes well

Elizabeth xxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • milo234
    Hi All, I found hospital ok, the drive went very smooth no trouble .

hazel is so pleased that the pain is gone , she thanks you all for asking about her, and I would like to thank you all for thinking about me , I found out long drives takes it out of you it took two days to recover god help the people you have to drive 20 -30 miles if I am sore just driving 10 miles they must be in agony.

all the best
    Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    That's really good to hear Mike.

Hazel deserves a rest from that pain.

Well-done to you for driving that far and into Belfast too!

It's done now - you managed it time to recover :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    I'm very glad it's helped her, Mike, and well done you for getting her there and back. I hope you recover quickly.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    So glad to hear that Hazel has some relief...Im so pleased for her, and now you also need some rest Mike..like you say it takes it out of you and they can be long days..
    Love
    Barbara