Had my PIP assesment yesterday

maria2k
maria2k Member Posts: 6
Hi all
Had my pip assesment yesterday and i must say it was nothing like all the stories i have read about.
I have osteo in my knees, hand hips and feet was diagnosed 2013.
I've never claimed anything before and am still managing to work part time its only since the osteo started in my feet that i have really been struggling.
Anyway the lady who did my assesment was really nice. She even held the doors open for me an the way to the assesment room although i could see her slyly trying to watch me walking. There were no cameras anywhere watching. Anyway we got into the room she explained what would happen asked questions about my medication ect and told me that most of what i said in that room she had to write into the computer and it would get sent away to be assesed. then basicly asked how it affected my daily life so i just answered as though it was one of my worst days. she asked about shopping, prepping food, any aids i used, did i drive, how i managed at work she did try to trip me up once about walking to the local shop which i answered i cannot walk to the local shop someone would have to take me. Anyway now the wait begins. I'm all ready to appeal if they refuse which they probably will but i will keep you updated on that one.
i just thought if anyone is waiting for their assesment that this would perhaps help them to know what to expect. xxx

Comments

• NNIF
    NNIF Member Posts: 6
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That sounds pretty much like my assessment. (Excluding the part of the assessor trying to trip me up). I was told that I could wait for two months for a decision when in actuality it took less than a fortnight. I wish you all the best and will keep my fingers crossed for you.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I hope it all goes through smoothly, for you and for others. Please let us know the outcome.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • maria2k
    maria2k Member Posts: 6
    Just to let you all know I got it. Took just over 2 weeks and have been awarded the daily living and standard rate for motability. I'm in shock as I thought I would have to appeal etc it's going to help immensely and hopefully now I can keep on working xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :D:D:D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    That is very good news, I am pleased for you. It's lovely to have the balance redressed by a positive story! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben