HAPPY BIRTHDAY(S) TO COMPOSITOR AND BOOMER!

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 22. Jul 2015, 14:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
I haven't heard from either of you for a while and I hope that's a good sign. Anyway, my apologies for only spotting your birthdays so late in the day but I hope they went well and happily...and as unarthritically as possible :D
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Compositor
    Compositor Member Posts: 122
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello SW,

A big thank you for very kind birthday wishes, I have had a real strange, but, pleasant day. I had official business meeting at noon, followed by seeing my mum in a residential home later. Then later coming home to find my two daughters with my four granddaughters waiting for me, of which made my day. Mrs Compositor and I were going out for a meal later in the early evening, but, by the time everyone left, followed by several phones from friends and family, it was 8.30pm before we eventually had something to eat at home. Mrs Compositor was going frantic because the DVD recorder wasn't working properly...and that bit where you to look through manuals, checking all leads and batteries in the remote etc. went on until 10pm, we gave up. Fifteen minutes later Mrs Compositor was fast asleep...my birthday cards on the mantlepiece and the birthday mood had disappeared...until next year, hopefully.

So, I decided to come on the Forum and have a look around. Believe me, I look on the Forum quite regularly, I have said a few times in the past that I find I can never commit to the Forum properly, sometimes I find it a little difficult committing myself to threads, probably through lack of knowledge of the depth of some of the Arthrtis matters, I just don't feel right dropping into conversations. That doesn't mean to say that I don't find the Forum interesting, exactly the opposite, I find there are some very well intentioned members of the Forum who give invalued help, advice, information, and, of course, support, and long may it continued. If I may, I sincerely wish all of our Forum members well, it is important to give that continued support to all Forum members, it's that odd thread that comes up every now and again that helps me personally, I'm sure I can say for that others, it is a really friendly place to be. Good luck everyone and thank you.

Compositor xx
  • stickywicket
    How lovely to hear from you :D Yes, the birthday does sound to have not quite gone as planned. I'm sure the best bit would be the grandchildren even though their energy levels and ours rarely match up. When our 8yr old grandson, complete with cricket bat and ball, asks “Where's Grandad?” the truthful answer is, occasionally, “In hiding.”

I hope the DVD recorder can be coaxed into action again and maybe that meal out would be even more appreciated on a quieter day. Take a rain check on it but make sure it happens.

I know what you mean about the forum. It's hard to dip in and out as one loses track of who did / said what. But your opinions are always measured and delivered kindly and considerately. And with humour, where appropriate. That's why we miss you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Happy belated birthday to both of you . Mig
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO COMPOSITOR & BOOMER!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Sorry I am late seeing this, but a happy belated Birthday to both of you..and glad to see that Compositor had a lovely day... :D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Compositor
    Compositor Member Posts: 122
    Thank you all for your very kind comments and best wishes...DVD fixed, loose connection, also, the meal has been rearranged for this evening...it usually all works out in the end. Have good day everyone.

John xx
  • stickywicket
    Reeeeesult :D:D:D
    Steven Wright