difficult day

23455 Member Posts: 11
edited 23. Jul 2015, 16:31 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, have joined this group as I am having a really difficult day today. As well as every joint being painful I have sore bones ,uscles and nerve pain. Nothing as yet diagnosed bar R knee and L thumb.
I have a leg length discrepancy which was only diagnosed at 50 and all problems stem from there. Every movement hurts.
Sorry about this rant but feeling very low at the moment. Promise to be more upbeat in future threads x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello 23455

Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums. As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

All best wishes

Moderator JK
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I can fully empathise as I too am having a rough day - it isn't fun. My joints are not wonderful, neither are my muscles - in my case I think that's due to fibromyalgia. There are one or two on here who also suffer with nerve pain so it may be worth your while posting again on the Living with Arthritis board as more people look in on that one. I am trying to shake off a bug so will say goodbye for now but I will look in again. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hey, we all get our bad days. No apology needed. Welcome to the forum.

I don't quite follow your thread as you say 'Nothing as yet diagnosed bar R knee and L thumb.' Do you mean you've been diagnosed with arthritis (osteo?) in your right knee and thumb but all other joints are painful too?

Have you had any x-rays, scans etc? What medication are you on? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get a clearer picture. I can see how a leg length discrepancy might result in pain elsewhere. Not in your thumb though? That sounds a bit different.

Anyway, you've come to the right place. We all understand about pain and frustration and difficult days. Please join in wherever you like. We're a friendly lot. Most people hang out on Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat. I hope to see you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello 23455 and a warm welcome form me
    Like SW says have you had scans and Xrays and bloods come to that.its rotten when you cant get on top of the pain , its never easy , in fact I dont get on top of it very often, I just think we learn to live with it..I do hope you stay with us ...we all try to support one another..
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hello 23455, and a warm welcome to the forum. No need to apologise for telling it how it is - we all have those sort of days.

Do keep posting, and we'll do our best to help.