A FEW APPOINTMENTS COMING UP

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 4. Aug 2015, 14:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,
Sorry I've not been about much recently. I've had computer problems and also life in general has been a bit chaotic :D

I've got an appointment with a Private Physiotherapist on Monday. Never had an appointment with a private one before.
I've been discharged from the NHS physo {quite some time ago} basically I was told to do the exercises I was originally given and that was it. Those were when I was first diagnosed with OA......a lot has happened since then :?
Scoliosis diagnosed, Osteoporosis diagnosed then this fractured greater trochanter bone which I still have a lot of pain with.
So we'll see if I get any more help from this physiotherapist.

Pocket Duties Please :)

Then on Thursday I have an appointment with the consultant. If you remember he gave me a cortisone injection and it lasted for about 5 months....then I had a 2nd one. I considered that a result.

Got an appointment on Thursday and that's 2 months later than he said he wanted to see me.........I feel really miserable every morning with pain so I want to see if he has any other suggestions

Once again....Pocket Duties for Thursday please.

Sorry that's my moan

Love
Hileena

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Call that a moan Hileena :wink: count me in xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I will there there when ever you want just give me a nudge,but not too hard. Mig
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    I'll hop into your pocket on Monday and Thursday, Hileena. Hope it all goes well.

Meg
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Count me in! Hope all goes well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    They always seem to come in bursts, don't they? We go for a few weeks with nothing then three or four all in a row. I hope these appointments are successful in that they can offer some kind of help to make life at least a little easier. Good luck, count me in and please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I have a hospital appointment of my own on Monday, Hileena, but will send telepathic vibes to you!
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Be there with you, hope it's a successful one and you get some positive help.

Deb xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I hope they all go well and you emerge from them feeling you've got somewhere and made some progress.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Thanks for the pocket duties.....I'll be thinking of you Tez
    I will put a note in on Mon about the physio appointment

Love
    Hileena
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Best of luck, Hileena. I hope you get the answers you need. <hops in pocket>
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Good luck for today Hileena..hope it goes really well and they can offer some help..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Hi....thanks ....just getting these messages now.
    I'm getting ready to go
    Barbara....good luck with your appointment as well
    Let me know when you get home

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I hope that yesterday went well and you were able to gain some further insights about what can be done. Physio has a role to play but I reckon it's a limited one - we learn the exercises and how to do them, and then it's up to us to do them, probably for a very long time! I still do my post-op synovectomy exercises, I'm sure they help to keep my upper leg muscles in some kind of shape.

I hope Thursday is profitable - constant pain is very wearing, there's no doubt about that. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Morning DD
    Well yesterday was a lot of history taking because it was my first appointment.
    He asked me to check with the consultant tomorrow if there were any exercises he didn't want him to do with me...so will check that out
    He did a few exercises with me and I have to keep at it until I next see him.
    Next session he will be clearer as to what he can do and will do some hands on, and some extra exercises. He will also add exercises for the scoliosis

One of the things about the that bothered me about the NHS was I was discharged a long time ago and told to do the same exercises....ones when I was first diagnosed with OA :? A lot has happened since then, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, osteoporosis, this fracture etc. I saw him once after the fracture and he said just do the original exercises. :?

One other interesting comment.......I was told "Fractured Greater Trochanter Bone" this is puzzling him. He says they usually remove that bone when doing a THR. So he asked me to get a copy of the X Ray so he can be clearer about it.
    Something else to be done tomorrow when I see the consultant.

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Sorry wasn't around yesterday, count me in for Thursday!
  • hileena111
    Thanks Buba....you're in

Love
    Hileena