tramadol

yaris
yaris Member Posts: 96
Has any body used tramadol phoned doctors to day because after knee replacement.
Still have lot of pain and swelling been of work one month my boss is sending me to occy health Monday to see how long I will be off work

Comments

• tedthered64
    tedthered64 Member Posts: 84
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    yaris wrote:
    Has any body used tramadol phoned doctors to day because after knee replacement.
    Still have lot of pain and swelling been of work one month my boss is sending me to occy health Monday to see how long I will be off work
    Hi,
    I was prescribed Tramadol last week and founded it to be the only thing that as helped with the pain!
    Would not do without it now, good luck and hope it works for you,
    Ted
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Dear Yaris
    Thank you for your posting on the forum. I am sorry to hear that you have been in so much pain and it is positive that you have been in touch with your GP to let them know this and to talk about appropriate pain relief. I am aware that your post was about hearing about others experience of using tramadol. If you post your question on the ‘Living with arthritis’ forum on the link http://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=8 you may have more responses. If you would like to talk things through you can call us here on the helpline where we can provide a listening ear. The helpline number is 0808 800 4050 (weekdays 10am – 4pm).
    I hope this is helpful.
    Best Wishes
    Dawn
  • TrishaW
    TrishaW Member Posts: 109
    Hi Yaris,
    I had to use Tramadol post op after a foot fusion. I'd thought I could manage with codeine but was in agony and almost screaming with pain once the nerve block had worn off (about 12 hours post op)
    I sent my husband to the GPs to get me something and they prescribed Tramadol.
    The Tramadol really helped. It took the 'edge' off and also relaxed me-infact it made me quite sleepy.
    Personally I took the smallest dose as the larger dose made me feel too 'trippy' and not in control (but I do tend to react to any medication quite strongly), but the smaller dose was fabulous for those first few days.
    After that I took it at bedtime to help me sleep and stop the pain waking me.
    After 2 weeks I stopped taking it.
    Good luck and heal quickly!
    Trisha
  • yaris
    yaris Member Posts: 96
    Than you very much