Hip arthritis

Colinmac43
Colinmac43 Member Posts: 4
edited 29. Sep 2016, 09:49 in Say Hello Archive
Hello I am new to this site so will try to get things right. I am 76 (male) and have just been diagnosed with mild degeneration of my right hip. I understand that this can be helped with exercise and would welcome comments from any of your readers who have had experience of such exercises and their benefits.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to the forum Colin, I am sure you will find support, advice and light relief.

I am one of the moderation team, we all have one or more arthritis conditions or look after family with the same. If you need help with the technicalities of the forum just get in touch via a personal message.
    All the best Modonfriday
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Colin and a warm welcome from me too. I'm sorry about the diagnosis. Arthritis is not much fun but there are ways in which we can help ourselves and you are clearly taking a positive, pro-active view on it which will be of value to you.

Forgive me - it's late and I'm very tired but, if you have a look here, you might find something useful. http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/LivingwithArthritis/Self-management/exercise-and-arthritis I hope so but, if not, just ask away and we'll try to help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Susan
    Susan Member Posts: 6
    Hi Colin, I had a total hip replacement a couple of years ago. What helped me was getting an exercise bike at home. It was a low impact way to strengthen up the muscles and helped to make walking and going up and down stairs easier and more comfortable.