I had a conversation with my dog....

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 19. Aug 2015, 12:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
....and he wasn't there!

I came down from my shower and started a one-way conversation with my fluffy dude. While he doesn't reply, he often makes murmuring noises to acknowledge me. So, when he didn't, I looked over and he wasn't in his usual spot. I searched for him and phoned the dog walker in a panic who advised that she had collected him while I was upstairs.

I need to return to work, so I can have conversations with humans not dogs. :?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Not a guard dog, then :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Just what i was thinking Sticky.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I wish I could post a photo on here, then I could show you how un-guard dog like he actually is!! :lol:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm reminded, conversely, of a story I once heard in which a circular, posted through a letter box had been shredded by the owner's dog. When the owner pieced it together it was an advert for a burglar alarm and it read:

Just think: a burglar could get into your home as easily as this piece of paper.

:shock: :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I was thinking of you today and wondering how you are.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Just think: a burglar could get into your home as easily as this piece of paper.
    and leave as easily - shredded and in the recycling bin?
    At least your dog is an animate thing Sophie, and does make some response, unlike the wall, door, obstinate lid....
    I remember when I used to breed and show guinea pigs how much I enjoyed hearing the chorus of squeaks, chitters and grumbles from the shed when they heard me coming. It may only have been cupboard love(they got beside themselves when they heard plastic bags, which they associated with veg and fruit goodies, and even trained the budgies to respond as well!) but nice all the same. It never felt silly talking to them because they would 'talk' back.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh I love it...thank goodness he was safe...has for the guard dog... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Does your dog reply I wonder??

You know (In English??? :? )

Daisycat does. She often remarks about how lovely I am oddly enough....
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I have long conservations with my dog. It's handy because then it appears you are not really talking to yourself. My dog would never let anyone enter her house, though.