Question ???????

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 23. Aug 2015, 12:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
Has anyone had severe aches and sometimes sharp pain in their heel after doing lots of walking over a number of days :(
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Is it the base of your heel - the bit you walk on? I had pain up the back of my heel, which was coming from an inflamed Achilles tendon.

Hope it goes away for you.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I had the pain without the walking. In my case it's Achilles tendonitis in both heels and plantar fasciitis under the heel of the right foot. My rheumatologist referred me to physio and the exercises have made a great difference though, my tendons are lengthening and strengthening. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Carol I get headaches coming form my neck, but I cant walk far so not sure about that..maybe it the way you are holding yourself walking..ie leaning forward..have you had your neck x- rayed...
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Thank you ladies
    glad i'm not the only one who has experienced this it only started on the very last evening of our cruise and personally I think that because I did a lot more walking than usual. (and I mean lots more as even without the coach trips at our shore stops, we had to walk the length of the ship at least six times a day for our meals,) that I may have overworked the Achilles tendons or something like that. It seems easier today but then I have not gone out today and spent most of the day sitting in the armchair.
    So we will have to see how it goes. :D
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Carol sorry for some strange reason I thought it read a sever pain in your head... :oops: :oops: I had plantar fasciitis many years ago and it was excruciating..but suddenly disappeared on its own..hope it eases for you soon
    Love
    Barbara