Newbie!

Options
Patcher
Patcher Member Posts: 18
edited 27. Aug 2015, 01:40 in Say Hello Archive
Hi
I am new to using forum but sadly not to arthritis. Have had RA for 11 years. Now on new meds with good results but OA now getting worse. Feeling bit fed up with whole thing at the moment but most people who don't have arthritis don't get what it's like.
Sorry to begin with a moan folks but seeing other posts hope you'll understand

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums. As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

All best wishes
    Mod A
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Of course we understand, Patcher, and welcome to the forum. Quite a few of us on here have done the double, as it were so we get that too.

It's true that those who don't have arthritis don't understand it but I think that's also true of every other disease - Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy etc etc. And we don't want to be banging on about it all the time at home so it's good to come here where we don't have to as everyone understands the difficulties involved.

I hope you'll 'enjoy' being with us. Please join in anywhere on any thread. New voices are always welcoe.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Patcher wrote:
    Hi
    I am new to using forum but sadly not to arthritis. Have had RA for 11 years. Now on new meds with good results but OA now getting worse. Feeling bit fed up with whole thing at the moment but most people who don't have arthritis don't get what it's like.
    Sorry to begin with a moan folks but seeing other posts hope you'll understand

Hello Patcher and welcome to the forums from me too :)

Good news that your RA meds are working, but sorry the OA is worsening :(

That wasn't much of a moan so no need to apologise. If you need to vent we are definitely the people to vent to ;)

Come along in now you've introduced yourself and join in on any of the other forums/posts

Love

Toni xxx
  • Patcher
    Patcher Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome. It feels really good to be in contact with people who are in the same boat and that I can talk too. I am looking forward to joining in with other forums
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I too have done the double and it's not much fun. I am the only one in my social circle at the moment to have any form of arthritis, and no-one understands my limitations, but then I don't understand other long-term health conditions or being healthy - that's the oddest concept of all. :wink:

I hope you find the forum to be of interest and support, we're all affected to one degree or another and understand the frustrations etc. As you read threads you will come to 'know' us and feel free to join in anywhere you fancy. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben