Thanks for nothing Mr Wasp!

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 9. Sep 2015, 16:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well, my wasp bite from Bank Holiday Monday has now infected! Wonderful - not! :roll:

I now have an extremely swollen, red hot, inflamed and itchy to the point of it driving me nutty, right index finger. I saw my pharmacist this morning who took one look and said I needed GP assistance quickly as the inflammation and infection was spreading as we looked.

Following an urgent telephone consult with a GP, I now have antibiotics (4 per day) to take on top of all my other prescribed pills. Not impressed. I can barely hold a pen and typing is a challenge as part of my finger is numb. I'm meant to be taking minutes at meeting tomorrow morning, if my finger is still like this there's no way that'll be happening.

From now on I am declaring myself allergic to wasps as I don't want a repeat of this thank you very much.

This itching is driving me absolutely barmy, and that's with the hydrocortisone cream having been applied. :(

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Grace this all you needed..they do say you can be come immune to them..I dont want to find out.. :shock:I have a real phobia of them.. they are horrible things..hope the swelling and pain ease very soon..
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh dear! As if you didn't have enough on your plate right now. I hope the antibios do their thing quickly.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Thank you for the replies. Finger is still swollen and a little on the itchy side but is better than it was yesterday thankfully. Hopefully when I've had antibiotics for a further 24 hours this will be better still.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!