Hi Everyone

Mancmech
Mancmech Member Posts: 9
edited 20. Sep 2015, 04:48 in Say Hello Archive
I have just joined this group so very new to it all.
I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis about 6 years ago and since then everything seems to spiralled out of control. I have had both hips replaced and now it looks like both knees replaced. Nearly all my joints are now affected by arthritis and im really struggling both mentally and physically. I know that there are a lot of people worse off than myself, but i was hoping that i could talk to people going through similar issues and how you manage.
Thanks for letting me join and hope to chat with you.

Mark, Manchester x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Mark and welcome to the forum. Of course there are people worse off than all of us but that doesn't reduce our own pain or problems. If you were only diagnosed 6 years ago and have already got new hips, with new knees in the offing, yours has been quite a speedy descent into arthritis and that, in itself, can be difficult as it gives little time to adjust.

I've had RA for over 50 years and OA for over 30. Two new hips and three knees but all have been great successes. I hope your hips are helping and the knees will too when you get them.

I hope you'll join us on the other forums – Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat are the busiest ones – and feel free to ask any questions or just join in on any threads. Arthritis can be a lonely business we all understand where you're coming from.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and welcome to the gang that no-one wants to join. I began with one kind of auto-immune arthritis, thanks to the joint damage that caused I now have OA and, latterly, fibromyalgia. I was refused new knees three years ago which was disheartening - being too young aged 52 was a revelation :lol: Now I'm 56 but, because everything else has worsened considerably, I vacillate between thinking it's a good idea and why bother: currently I'm in a 'why bother' mood.

All of us on here face unreasonable challenges on a day-to-day basis, whether the arthritis is limited or widespread, but your situation is unique to you. We all reach our personal limits of patience, pain and acceptance from time-to-time, usually triggered by the little things in life, rest assured we understand that. I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we know what it's like and how challenging it can be.

I wish you well, keep reading across the boards and feel free to jump in if something catches your eye. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Munchysmum
    Munchysmum Member Posts: 3
    Hi Mark
    I am new to the group also and am deciding whether to have surgery.
    I have OA in both hips and have yet to speak to anyone who has had a hip replacement so any advice would be greatly appreciated
    I too find it hard to be positive about my condition at the moment hopefully this forum will help

Sue
    Berwick upon Tweed
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums Munchsmum from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Sorry I didn't get the welcome in earlier

Best wishes

Moderator JK
  • Mancmech
    Mancmech Member Posts: 9
    Thanks very much for your welcome, i hope to be able to navigate around this fabulous group and join in with topics in the forum.
    I'm struggling at the moment and off work as im not sleeping because of the pain in my joints especially my shoulders.
    Hope to chat to you all again and thanks again.
    Mark xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Keep battling, Mark.

What medication are you on? It might be that the GP could give you something better for night time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright