Bit better result this week

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 20. Sep 2015, 13:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well, my second weigh in at S*** W**** gave me a loss of 2.5lbs! This means I have lost 4lbs todate, which is an average of 2lbs a week. (Later on in the process, please don't ask me to do averages or percentages as I never was much good at maths!).

I have decided to break this quest into half-stone segments and attack one segment off at a time. At this moment in time, if I lose another 3lbs that'll give me my first half stone loss. After that my next aim is to reduce my "stones" figure to the one below where I currently am as I need to get rid of that particular number, and soon!

I've had another week of eating well, healthily but not feeling hungry. I'm trying to vary my diet a little which I think has helped. I'm still struggling some days due to the joints as I can't stay on my feet very long some days. So on those days it's the good old jacket spud, tuna and salad. I do enjoy my fruit salads with fat free fromage frais or yoghurt over.

So, we start another week. I'd like to lose another 2lbs or so, more would be nice but I'll be happy with 2lbs.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well done. I think slow and steady is the best way, frustrating but if you visual the weight loss as bags of sugar it helps you appreciate how much you have lost.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Well done, Grace - I'm sure you'll reach your target!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Well done Grace..its good to have little target...much easier then thinking in stones...you keep us updated... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Cate
    Cate Member Posts: 280
    You're doing really well Grace, that's a good steady weight loss. You will get there because you have the right attitude.

I lost four and a half stones three years ago doing it exactly the way you're doing it now. I didn't go to any of the slimming places though. Some weeks, especially towards the end, I would lose nothing at all, so I stopped weighing myself and just let my clothes tell the story. I've managed to keep it off, because you do develop a different way of thinking towards food.

One little thing that kept me going all day was a Kitkat and a cup of Options chocolate at bedtime....a habit I've kept!.....Cate.
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Well done Grace :splash:
    you have right attitude there slow but sure best way to do it you are doing well working to half stone targets is the best way to approach it. You will find you will soon think about food in an entirely new way and will go for the healthiest option without even thinking about it it becomes automatic. If you need any tips to keep you going feel free to private message me and i'll try and help I've been a S** W** member for 3years now.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well done, Grace. All progress is good progress. Keep at it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Just to say thank you for all your support. Knowing I have this support from you makes all the difference to me.

Turbogran - thanks for the offer. I may well PM you if I get stuck for ideas.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Grace well DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

you are doing perfectly! 1-2lb a week is ideal nice and steady.

Our Carol (turbogran) had a weight-loss thread on here a year or so back and she did so well so any advice from her is well worth taking.

We enjoyed cheering her on every week too and the same goes for you

Love

Toni xxx
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Well done Grace, keep up the good work.
    slomo
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    that's ok Grace any advise I can give I will
    Thanks for that vote of confidence Toni got so into the plan now I am happy to give anyone any tips I Can and I'm still in there trying to maintain my target weight now which I have done now for 1yr 5 months last week.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Grace,
    Well done you......2lb is fairly average for a week.
    OK you get some big people that lose a lot their first week but that tends to be liquid/water.
    Just think of it in half stones like you say and think of the BLING you'll get to stick on your book :lol:
    I'm at target weight although saying that I could do with more of my stomach but on 2 crutches exercise isn't that easy LOL
    Missed last week but the week before I was {you are allowed 3lb either way} exactly on my target.
    As gran says just shout if you want any help.
    Love
    Hileena