Pip

Bovey1
Bovey1 Member Posts: 14
I have my pip assessment on 28th. I have AS, OA, degenerative disc disease and ? Chrohns. I am already on middle care and high mobility plus ESA. I've never had a face to face assessment and I am totally stressed, sick with worry. I can't walk without pain. I'm on fentanyl patches and am between anti tnf medication, the Simponi didn't work, they are putting me back onto humira which worked a bit. I'm so worried. What if they don't believe me. I get easily confused because of all the opiates and nozinan I take for pain. I only had ten days to fill the form in because it took so long in the post to get to me. I had no help to fill the form in as I was too ill to get to anyone. Are the assessments as bad as people say. my main concern is that they will not believe how it affects me even though I have given them medical proof Drs letters and Mri scans. Please, any advise on what to take and what to say would help. They have given me an 8:30 am appt time even though I said mornings were my worst time for pain. Do they do that deliberately because they don't believe you.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Bovey1,

I'm sorry to hear that you are concerned with your PIP appointment coming up. I'd suggest you post on our benefits and working matters forum too. If you are feeling particularly worried, you might consider asking someone to come with you for moral support. Also you might want to have a mini checklist to hand to remind you of issues you want to mention.

I can't tell you how to deal with a PIP interview - that would be a conversation with a welfare rights worker. You might try calling Turn 2 Us and see what they suggest Tel. 0808 802 2000.

Here's a link to our factsheets - see the one about PIP in the section about benefits. http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Factsheets

Good luck with your interview and do let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Guy
  • JamesFoote
    JamesFoote Member Posts: 86
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    The person you talk to are normal ok

Except this

They want to reduce or stop your payment
    They don't have access to your medical records so taking stuff will help
    A lot of people get the money back on appeal

The best to get full payment is the last stage when you talk to the doctors and they read your records, best of all the pay outs

James