How many times?

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 22. Sep 2015, 15:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
How many times do I have to tell him (a) to be sure he shuts the freezer compartment door properly and (b) not to put cans of beer in there?

I heard a loud bang yesterday when taking my washing out of the machine. I couldn't believe my bath mat was so heavy that it would make such a metallic sound as it leapt out of my grasp and landed on the floor. But there was nothing else to account for it.

Until just now.

I'd finished making tonight's lasagne and had enough left to make a small extra one so I went to put it in the freezer compartment and found the freezer door not shut properly, everything totally covered with a strangely brown-coloured frost and a weird mini-flying-saucer embedded in the frost on the freezer wall.

Further investigation, coupled with a fair few choice words aimed at Mr SW, revealed the brown frost to have acquired its hue thanks to the contents of the beer can when the top fired off it sideways into the freezer wall.

Marital relations are a little subdued :mrgreen:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Sticky know what you mean I have the same problem with mr turbo over things like that and usually get told to stop nagging him however if I do the same thing he is very quick to remind me and nag me about it think its a man thing and they don't like to be told things lol.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    What an eeejit !!!

men :roll:

Mr Frogmorton knows better than to do anything so silly.

I hope he has rectified the damage caused?

Love

Toni xxx
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Oh dear! Poor Mr SW, I do hope he's not in the doghouse for too long.

I've been known to put some water in the freezer to chill, get the bottle out a bit later than I anticipated, to find an icicle. I only got away with it as it was a plastic bottle and it wasn't full.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh SW I have tried and tried like you to stop my OH cooling his beer..its worse when its a bottle, glass everywhere..and he slams the freezer door and sometimes it bounces slightly open..now you got me going... :shock:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Oh, I thought you were talking about my household. Sticky, I now know there is no hope in this area.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    I have a gel filled plastic sleeve thingy which lives in the freezer and does a good job of cooling tins or small bottles outside the freezer. No idea where I bought it but I'm sure that a certain Cumbrian kitchen gadget supplier would have something similar.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    daffy2 wrote:
    I have a gel filled plastic sleeve thingy which lives in the freezer and does a good job of cooling tins or small bottles outside the freezer..

So have we, daffy. Two, in fact. (It's a bloke thing :mrgreen: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    (It's a bloke thing :mrgreen: )
    Ah, nuff said.