Hello Newbi Here !

Lyndyp
Lyndyp Member Posts: 2
edited 22. Sep 2015, 14:23 in Say Hello Archive
I have just joined Arthritis Care & would like to say hi !! I have Cervical Spondylosis ( arthritis of neck) & would love to hear from anyone who suffers with this problem who can give me any helpful tips. :D

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Even though I don't have CS I say hello and it's nice to meet you. I am fortunate in that my back and neck are (so far) OK, it's the rest of me that's rubbish :lol: I began with an auto-immune arthritis when I was 37, now I'm nineteen years in and have also collected OA and fibromyalgia along the way.

I think there are some on here in a similar situation to you but not many bother to look in on this part of the forum. It may be worth your re-posting on the Living with Arthritis board on here, more look in on that and you may gain more replies: I hope so, we are generally a friendly lot and we can honestly empathise with the troubles you are facing.

I wish you well and I hope you find the forum to be of interest and a source of support. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi there, Lyndyp and welcome from me, too. I have arthritis in my neck (among other places). What sort of tips are you looking for? I do exercises for it every day to keep what little movement I have. I used wing mirrors a lot when driving as I can't turn my head backwards. Those are the only things that come to mind. Were you thinking of anything specific? This might help
    http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/LivingwithArthritis/Self-management/exercise-and-arthritis
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Lyndyp and welcome to the forum,
    I have OA in my neck and it does get painful, but the only advice I have is to keep it moving..gentle and regular..I try to do my exercises every day..and before I do them I use an heated wheat bag ..it make a big difference.. hope to see your name around theforum
    Love
    Barbara
  • Alge
    Alge Member Posts: 1
    Hello I am Alge and joined this forum today. I suffer with Arthritis which at times is sole destroying. I wanted to say Hello then start reading some of the posts to see if I can get advice from fellow sufferers. Age
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hello Alge

Welcome to the forums from the moderating team.

Thank you for introducing yourself to everyone. Now that you have done so please feel free to join in wherever you like - you will be made most welcome by the forum members :)

If you have any problems using the boards we are available to help.

Best wishes

Moderator AC
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Alge and welcome from me, too.

Yes, we understand the frustrations of relentless pain and we all try to support each other here with encouragement and advice. Please join in on any thread you like or start one of your own. Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat are the most popular forums. I hope we'll see you around :sunny:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright