Fibromyalgia

Tillytutu
Tillytutu Member Posts: 2
edited 23. Oct 2015, 03:38 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and am struggling to change my lifestyle etc. It seems that everything I eat and drink has to change and I don't know if I can do this!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Fellow sufferers, any advice???

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Tillytutu,

Welcome to the forum from all the mod team. I too have fibromyalgia and have tried a few supplements/restrictions to my diet, for myself there was no difference to notice. Lots of our forum members share this condition and I'm sure they will pop by to say hello.

Meanwhile have a look at the other posts and join in wherever you feel comfortable

If you need us to help with a forum problem just drop us a line, there is a pm link just above the forum name, it's in blue in between 'forum' and 'members'

Take care
    Mod Yx
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Hi Tillytutu, and welcome to the forum. I was diagnosed with FM about a year ago, having thought some of the symptoms were just part of the osteoarthritis I have. I'm a little bit puzzled that you say you have to change everything you eat and drink - did that come as part of the medical diagnosis, or as a result of researching the condition?
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Hi Tillytutu. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about six months ago. The only reason I have had to be careful with my diet is that I also have IBS, which is often a part of FM. At the moment, I'm on Nortriptyline, which helps with sleep problems.

Sorry I can't help any more with diet. What have you been told about diet and lifestyle?

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I too have fibro but have not been advised to change anything so I wonder why you have. Do you have any other conditions running alongside? I have two kinds of arthritis and my consultant was of the opinion that the fibro is their natural companion. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben