Hi

cmcvm6
cmcvm6 Member Posts: 2
edited 25. Oct 2015, 12:21 in Say Hello Archive
I've just been told I have osteoarthritis in both of my knees and I keep getting very upset when I think about it. Is this normal? I feel so alone even though I have some amazing people around me. I'm determined not to let this get me down but not feeling very positive today!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi welcome to the arthritis Care Forums cmcv6 from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes
    Modonfriday
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Hello there, welcome and sorry you had to find us as we say on here! The diagnosis will have come as a shock, and depending on your circumstances - employment, pain levels etc - you have probably got all sorts of concerns and questions, so it's not at all surprising or unusual that you are feeling upset about it. The forum members are a wonderful source of help, support and humour, and will be happy to listen and try and help you as you start your journey along this unwanted path. With time, information, and your positive attitude you will find yourself better able to cope.
    Most of the action is on Living with arthritis and Chi chat, so drop in and have a read around, but it does tend to get quieter at the weekend.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello and welcome to the forum..
    Yes its normal to have ups and downs ..I remember my emotions all over the place..I still get down days after 7 years but mostly good days..you will get support form the forum and lots of information ..just jump in...
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Of course it's normal to feel upset by this news, especially if you have experienced good health - to know that one's body is failing you is not easy. I have OA in a number of joints but at least I know why: if this is new to you then it must be harder.

I am going through a tough patch at the moment but when things are 'what I like to call better' I will reply again. I am aware that the forum will be down tomorrow so please don't feel abandoned if you cannot log on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hello cmcvm6

Welcome to the forums from me too.

I'm not surprised you feel down it is a shock and very upsetting, csary and lots of other words.

Hopefully over time you will adjust to the news and feel better able to cope.

I find talking helps and that's where this place can really come in handy!

Love

Toni xxx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

It`s perfectly normal to be upset at your diagnosis - we all have good days and bad days. I have RA, with some OA, but while many joints are affected, funnily enough my knees aren`t too bad! I hope it stays that way!

Do keep posting.