More Tests/Update!

Options
Rebeccarockchick
Rebeccarockchick Member Posts: 50
edited 29. Oct 2015, 13:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for being a great support network since I joined you around 4 months ago (was an observer for many months before that!).I hope my experiences can also help/support others in the same boat! Anyways the time has come for the testing for the spontaneous Deep vein thrombosis(blood clots) I had in June. I have an appt at the beginning of November. I am VERY nervous about this 1. because I might have to come off the anticoagulant tablets (that are stopping me having another blood clot) so they can do accurate blood tests and 2. why did i have blood clots? what will the tests reveal. Also I have a dentist appt to have 2 fillings meaning sedation due to jaw issues at the beginning of November so thats no fun.I have recently been struggling with terrible gum disease and bleeding gums. Since my last post in July I have been diagnosed with Asthma and Gerd (gastroesophageal reflux disease-quite bad acid reflux, i had this before but it has got worse). On top of this I had my 3rd MRI scan, this time on my thoracic (middle back) and neck due to the increasing pain I am feeling in these areas so in a couple of weeks I will be getting the results for that?? I have been talking to my doctor about going back to see my foot surgeon and possibly looking into knee surgery but obviously need to sort this blood clot business out first!

On a positive note! Even with so much going on I am actually in a much better place than I was a few months ago and a bit further along on my journey. I had another referral to an nhs physiotherapist.(3rd one i have seen) She was a lovely lady, she said she only needed to see me the once (don't think she wanted to say directly not much she can do to help) however she did a relaxing full body meditation body scan so i left feeling lovely and relaxed and she wrote down a few alternative meditation techniques for me to try like reiki and walking therapy. I also signed up to 4 weeks pilates at physio. I have paid for pilates before so nice to have a few free lessons and gets me out and about, so I am enjoying that. I have also finished my 6 week Cognitive behavioural therapy course that helped me look at alternative ways of looking at my anxiety. Soooo I have been a busy bee and have lots coming up health wise! I have come to the conclusion I certainly cannot change my ailments or conditions but can do what i can to be in the best place mentally so i can cope with them better. i will keep you all updated with everything as you all do, and if anyone has any questions about anything above I will be more than happy to try and answer xx becks :)

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That sounds as though things are moving in the right direction. I hope the pilates helps and the relaxation techniques.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Rebeccarockchick
    Options
    thank you, yes its always good to have a plan of action. Hoping the pilates keeps me strong. It is having the motivation to continue with the exercises, once the classes finish, at home! So that is my first challenge :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good for you having such a positive approach and with so much going on..I do wish you well with the bloods..it must be such a worry..
    A good physio are worth there weight in gold..good luck for the scan results and hope they can offer some help..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Well done on your positive approach! I hope physio and Pilates help.
  • Rebeccarockchick
    Options
    thank you everyone....I do feel much more positive lately! :)