Help with heating through winter

Options
Mancmech
Mancmech Member Posts: 9
Hi folks,
I'm 52 years OLD and i have severe Osteoarthritis in most joints from my ankles to my shoulders.
Ive had both my hips replaced and now need my knees replacing!
I really struggle with the cold and have to have the heating on all the time at home, i struggle with my bills as i live on my own.
Im not after sympathy but wondered if anyone knows if i can get any help with my heating through winter?
Thanks in advance
Mark x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi mancmech. I'm sorry to hear you struggle with the cold but you are wise to ask about help available before the really cold weather sets in.

All I can suggest is Age UK.They have a website and helpline and do a booklet on keeping warm. I know they're officially for the Over 60s but I'm sure they'd be glad to help. www.ageuk.org.uk
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I get help with my bills through the Warm Home Discount and I get £120 ish (£140 this year) credited to my Electric bill in March. It does depend on what company your bills are with as the smaller ones do't do the scheme at all and they all have different qualifying conditions but mostly low income.

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/what-youll-get

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    Please note that when my account is credited I can cut down the electricity DD and use it towards Gas bills. In my case it gets transferred to my bank so I can spend the credit on anything. I'm with BG.

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    Bumping this up as I've just had my letter through asking me if I want to claim. I believe there is a time limit for claiming each year.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein