when is the time

queenfan
queenfan Member Posts: 563
can anyone tell me how bad i have to get before i would see a rheumatologist because i dont know i have good days & bad days have OP in left hip OA in both i try not to go doctors but at times its really painfull :cry: frightened to ask in case they just laugh at me i've read a few messages on forum & a lot of you seem to be suffering more than me :cry:

Comments

• melbland
    melbland Member Posts: 36
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I would ask at any time to be referred.

You are in pain which is your body telling you there is something wrong and there is a possibility that the longer you wait the worse it can get.

I would ask the next time you go, even for peace of mind.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Go to Drs now cos the wait for a consultant appointment takes months anyway!
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    oneday wrote:
    Go to Drs now cos the wait for a consultant appointment takes months anyway!
    Hi thanks everybody for that soon off work for easter so will pop to doctors & find out more :):) sue x
  • lindas
    lindas Member Posts: 13
    queenfan wrote:
    can anyone tell me how bad i have to get before i would see a rheumatologist because i dont know i have good days & bad days have OP in left hip OA in both i try not to go doctors but at times its really painfull :cry: frightened to ask in case they just laugh at me i've read a few messages on forum & a lot of you seem to be suffering more than me :cry:

Well if your in that much pain i would ask now i was in a simmilar situation i went to my gp when the pain was unbearable he looked at me and said well they wont look at you just now your far to young he looked at his computer and mummbled what medication are you on oh just keep taking medication i suffered another 5 months and went back to a different doctor who imediately done a few light excercises sent me for an x ray and only just got results back there is no joint left in my left hip so yes i would get a second opinion
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi queenfan
    First of all we all suffer different levels of pain some have it perhaps in the hand or knee whilst others have pain from head to foot. It doesent really matter pain is pain and it can be hard to cope with no matter what stage your arthritis is at and as you know we can all suffer flairs. Perhaps you should not ask your GP to send you to see a Rheumy but Tell him you are finding it more and more difficult to cope and you want to see the rheumy, he cant really say no. Take care and keep your chin up dont worry about what your GP or other people think its your body your pain and you need to get it sorted.
    Colin