Hello to all

fessteradamz
fessteradamz Member Posts: 3
edited 20. Nov 2015, 14:45 in Say Hello Archive
Hello, Thanks for letting me join. It's great to have a forum based for Manx people over here and I am looking forward to using it. My name is David, I'm a tradesman and I am 40. I now have psoriatic arthritis and I am currently trying to get used to my methotrexate medicine which is proving very difficult to get through. I am hoping to gain more knowledge in people's experiences both with the medication and coping with arthritis daily.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, just wanted to say hello and welcome to the Forum.

I can't help sadly as I have OA (osteo arthritis), but there are lots of lovely people on this Forum and I'm sure one of them who has PsA will be along soon and may be able to advise you better.

The part of the Forum most used is Living with Arthritis so have a look through the posts on there, just in case any of these can help you.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums fessterdamz from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Mod JK
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I too have PsA and take injected meth and injected humira - I'm probably more 'advanced' than you :wink: Unfortunately I began the meds far too late for any real difference to be made so I developed OA too which isn't much fun. I am lucky in that I have very little trouble with side-effects from anything I take so that's a blessing.

What dose meth are you taking and have you also been prescribed folic acid? How are you struggling with the meth? It is a powerful drug, although we take it at very low levels compared to its use in other diseases it can still upset one's system. Have you had a 'flu jab? If not I strongly recommend that you do because the meth suppresses our immune system thus leaving us more vulnerable to infections. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Welcome Festeradams :)

Good to meet you and welcome you to our forums.

A lot of folk take time to adjust to MTX. It's not easy is it, but hopefully it will help dampen down your symptoms and things will improve for you.

A tradesman eh? I imagine your work may be physical? I hope you are coping ok

Best wishes

Toni x

Ps. My youngest, (17), takes MTX too for her leukaemia alongside other meds.
  • fessteradamz
    fessteradamz Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the replies, my current dose is 20mg of methotrexate every week. I have to take anti sickness tablets and do have folic acid, I have regular blood tests as many of you may do but my side effects have been hard to deal with. Dizziness, vomiting, shortness of breath, coordination, headaches and lack of concentration. Thankfully my symptoms are getting better as I progress but it has been desperately hard to run my business without being able to have time off, I have staff that have been carrying out the works so I've took this time to catch up on paperwork and meetings to stay off the tools.
    It's injection time again tonight which I dread but hoping to see more progress.

I've lost feeling in one of my fingers recently which has a pins n needles sensation, I'm not sure if it is related. Has anyone else had this or a similar effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk