Jet Lag

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 25. Nov 2015, 05:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
As some of you know, we've been off visiting the family again and got back last Wednesday. Well, our bodies got back but the brain cells remained scrambled somewhere over the Atlantic for a few days. I don't know why jet lag is more of an west > east thing but it's always the return journey that gets us.

Jet Lag 1 – I am staring, thoughtfully, at a loaf of bread wondering what it's for.

Jet Lag 2 – Mr SW returns from the supermarket with full cream milk instead of our regular semi-skimmed. I ask why. He replies he thought it was the sort which paid farmers a fair price "because it had a picture of a cow on it”.

Jet Lag 3 – A few years ago. We'd been back here for a week, had driven to all the usual places - supermarket, surgery etc - and had now driven to a local reservoir for a walk followed by a pub lunch in a little pub way out in the country. As we drove away from the pub, on the deserted road, I suddenly yelled “Left! Drive on the left now!”

I'm sure you all have your own examples.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's been a long time since I have been on a long haul so can't remember what I was like after, but, feel as though I have jet lag every day the stupid things I do are to numerous to mention :lol: I think I will put it down to the meds :shock: any excuse :D xx

Nice to see you back Sticky xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh SW its good to have you back..I love it :lol: ..think I might just have jet lag... :?
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    After disposing of toilet paper in the wastepaper bin during Greek holidays one has to be careful when back home again...............

Not long-haul, I know, but still requiring concentration after a couple of Sun-filled weeks in a small Greek town.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I don't need to travel long haul to get jet lag. This morning I'd started to pour out my bran flakes before realising I hadn't got a bowl out to put them in.

At least I realised before starting to pour out the milk!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    OH Slosh that made me chuckle. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Mig
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Good, we all need something to make us smile on such a miserable day!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    It sounds like jet lag without the jet for some of you :lol:

Tezz, the Greek situation sounds...er....difficult.

Slosh, I read yours as 'I'd started to pour out my BRAIN flakes' and, in the circumstances, it made perfect sense :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright