Sometimes things go unexpectedly right

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
edited 25. Nov 2015, 12:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
I got a new podiatrist this morning. Bright, chatty with a sense of humour. Just my type.

She noticed the huge lump under my foot (which is, apparently, a bursa), Well, she could hardly miss it. This is the lump that resulted in the electronic foot scanner insisting my foot wasn't a foot. It's the lump that requires my shoes and orthotic insoles to be excavated in order to accommodate it. It is quite a humungous lump. Not one of my better features (whatever and wherever they are). And one I've just kind of taken for granted and learned to live with.

But the new podiatrist asked if I'd ever had it drained. Nope. Didn't know I could. She wasn't sure. And, even if I could it'd probably return as it's there for a purpose - to protect other out of place bits. However, we decided it's worth a try. so she will set the wheels in motion.

What a nice surprise!
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That does sound like potential progress - imagine live without your underfoot lump?! Don't imagine just what may be drained out of it. I do hope she can do something though and if so, that she can find a way to plug the gaps in the pre-excavated shoes.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I hope something can be done to ease it, Sticky. It does sound very painful.

I imagine this means you are home now from your trip? I hope you had a wonderful time :D
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    That sounds good, Sticky. I hope it makes you more comfortable.

Meg
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Thanks everyone. My expectations are low but it's nice to know there are even possibilities :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Since a bursa in other places can be drained, Sticky, I hope yours can too.
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Sticky
    Sounds like you had a very thorough podiatrist. Hope it makes you more comfortable, and your foot more recognisable to scanners! :lol:
    NB