I'm so proud and delighted

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 25. Nov 2015, 16:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
My 25yr old nephew Matt and his fiancé Lindsey are due to complete on their first ever house purchase this Friday - 27th. They saved up the deposit, working hard to do so, and were then very sensible in their choice of property and made sure they didn't over-reach themselves re mortgage.

Matt is my late sister's son and I know she'd have been so proud of him. He is very much aware that his Mum won't have seen the house or his achievement, but I've tried to reassure him that he should take some comfort that his Mum will know how well he's done, as will his late sister (my niece) and his granddad (my dad). All three of them would have wide, wonderful smiles for Matt and his Lindsey.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• emmaadams
    emmaadams Member Posts: 140
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    aww what wonderful News Grace :) i am Sure they will be very happy together in their new home ....

and i am sure his mum,sister and granddad will surely be looking on with smiles on their faces :)

Congratulations xxx to them both xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Its a testament to the way the young couple have been brought up that they can be so sensible.Good luck to them. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well done, Matt! And his Mum for raising such a sensible young man.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    What lovely news..yes your sister will be so proud of them..good luck to them for the future... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Yes it's wonderful news. Just got to hope that everything goes through on Friday. I've been promised a "guided tour" as soon as they're in so that'll be something to look forward to at the weekend.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!