Decorating Dilemma.

2»

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hope you're a wee bit less shattered now DD. Wet plaster does have a funny smell - I quite like it, but not sure I'd want to share a room with it for any length of time.
    I hope the decorating goes well, that's good you don't have to wait too long - is that due to the time of year or are there enough to go round in your neck of the woods? I had to wait months for my house to be painted - the minimum time quoted was 3 months, and the preferred and highly recommended chap was looking at 6 months! At that stage it wasn't too much of an issue as I wasn't in a big rush to move in and it meant all the other renovation could be done without worrying about marks or damage, but when the chap I'd chosen had family problems and had to delay by 6 weeks things did start to get a bit more difficult....
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    The biggest room in the house is done - in a mere one-and-a-half days. (I'm sure if we had a solo chappie he might have finished the undercoating by now!) The walls had four coats, one under and three of the chosen colour (Dulux Natural Calico which will be throughout) the ceiling had three coats of white. The work is superb, even Mr DD has said 'Good choice, Wife.' They have completed the upstairs bedroom, they will do the upper hall next week and begin the first bedroom on the ground floor so I'm on clearing duties again. Then it will be the kitchen, our bedroom and finally the downstairs hall. It should all be done by the end of this month. There will then be a hiatus until the new year, we need new carpet throughout and I insist in him coming with me to choose.

The painters are lovely to have around, they are now used to me and my little ways :wink: and we had sticky buns on Friday with our afternoon cuppas. I feel very secure with them in the house and am happy to leave them when I go out. They arrive by eight and work through until four. The house is already cheered by just the one room, as is its owner, when it's all done it will be glorious! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hows the decorating going DD ? Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you for asking Mig - you are very kind. The internal stuff was completed on Monday, the house is transformed and I am whacked. There is still a huge amount of chaos to be sorted out as stuff has been moved around - they are coming back to reseal and varnish the kitchen floor, the finishing touch! I've bought new curtains for the kitchen and our bedroom, I couldn't bear to rehang the old ones. We've all worked well together with much laughter, I am looking forward to seeing them in 2016 when they come to do the outside! DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I'm pleased it went well DD. :D
    I hope you are going to let somebody else hang the new curtains though?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Will it all be finished for christmas DD ? Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    It's all done - and yes, I had help with the curtains because I can no longer do such things. I opted for those with eyelets - so much easier than drawstrings and hooks! The house is still a mess because my friend brought down all my Christmas decoration boxes etc. so I must finish the clearing and then put up the tree. I'm still very tired, absolutely drained in fact but very happy too! :D DD
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I bet it looks lovely, DD. This time last year we`d just finished decorating & having new flooring etc., and it`s so very nice when it`s all finished.