Hi I'm new

Options
justalli
justalli Member Posts: 2
edited 3. Dec 2015, 03:00 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, I've just joined as i read some of the posts and think this site will be very helpful to me.
I have sero-negative arthritis and OA, and find all the medications confusing.
Justalli

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello justalli and welcome to the forum. I, too, have two forms of arthritis. I started with RA and that led to OA.

What do you find confusing about the medication? Basically, the rheumatologists prescribe the Disease Modifying Anti Rheumatic Drugs (DMARDS) which help to control the autoimmune forms of arthritis (My RA and your sero-neg). The GPs prescribe pain relief and sometimes anti-inflammatories for the OA. I take methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine for my RA (plus folic acid to ensure minimal side effects from the methotrexate) and the odd co-codamol for my OA. Does that clarify anything for you?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    justalli wrote:
    Hi, I've just joined as i read some of the posts and think this site will be very helpful to me.
    I have sero-negative arthritis and OA, and find all the medications confusing.
    Justalli

Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, justalli, from the moderation team.

I am sorry to hear you have two kinds of arthritis and are finding all the medications confusing. Although the members can’t give medical advice as such I am sure they will try to help. Between them there is a wide range of experiences of arthritis and living with the condition.

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

Please do join in wherever you like, you will be made very welcome.
    I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Moderator AC
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello justalli and welcome from me..I hope you find what you are looking for..just put a post in LWA..or search sero negative ..and hopefully you will learn a lot..
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hello Justalli, and welcome - I hope we can be of help to you.

I have RA plus some OA as well - greedy person that I am!! I take a combination of Humira and hydroxychloroquine for the RA, and a variety of painkillers etc.

Do keep posting.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I too live with that wonderful combination, for my PsA I take injected meth, injected humira and sulphasalazine tablets, for the OA it's a matter of pain relief and the occasional diclo. I'm nineteen years in with the PsA and was diagnosed with OA in 2011.

I agree that the meds can be confusing, especially with the acronyms - NSAIDs and DMARDs, anti-TNF, biologics etc. What are you currently taking? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben